Joelinton

Stifler

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We do have a 2 week break after tomorrow 

But just like with our international break in november nobody will return in that break, so it doesn't even help with anything else other than not getting more injuries.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

But just like with our international break in november nobody will return in that break, so it doesn't even help with anything else other than not getting more injuries.

Listened to Howe's injury update on Twitter.  Murphy sounds like he is very close and Barnes not too far behind him.  So maybe if we are lucky, Murphy will be back. 

Willock and Anderson sound more like March or even later.  

10 of our 1st team squad have played less than 1,000 minutes so far this season. And 6 of those 10 have played 300 mins or less.

Of the ones who'd played more than 1,000 minutes. Pope, Joelinton, Wilson, Isak, Burn, Botman and Longstaff have also been out injured. 

It's no wonder it's been a massively frustrating season. We've got a handful of players being worked to the bone (Bruno, Gordon, Trips, Schar) and loads of players barely contributing.

I've never known anything like it.

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Listened to Howe's injury update on Twitter.  Murphy sounds like he is very close and Barnes not too far behind him.  So maybe if we are lucky, Murphy will be back. 

Sounds good, but I've learnt to not get my hopes up until they are actually in the squad.

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

That's why the Phillips signing might be the important one in this window. We have no sort of midfield to compete for Europe as it stands.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

5 points off 6th.

We can qualify for Europe again. Eales has marked that as a target.

Im not confident of a top 8 finish with this midfield. Joelinton could be out more than 6 weeks also.

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sounds good, but I've learnt to not get my hopes up until they are actually in the squad.

Nee point getting your hopes up at that point even, they'll only reinjure themselves come matchday.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings that are taking place around this stuff, the constant reaggravation of injuries and rushing players back needs addressing sharpish.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

Sounds like Jacob Murphy is the only player who is ahead, but you’re probably talking three to four weeks for him providing his scan is positive.

Harvey Barnes and Joe Willock longer around a couple months by the sounds of it…..wha ta nightmare…..! 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

36 minutes ago, 80 said:

Not a bad idea, but it does seem unlikely that Howe will move off our standard system.

Aye. We could use Hall in there possibly I guess if he doesn't want to change formation, I just worry about having to play Miley first-choice for another 6 weeks.

11 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Ah 100%.  Always seems like you can tack on quite a few weeks/months to any potential return date. 

6 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Sounds like Jacob Murphy is the only player who is ahead, but you’re probably talking three to four weeks for him providing his scan is positive.

Harvey Barnes and Joe Willock longer around a couple months by the sounds of it…..wha ta nightmare…..! 

A couple of months for Barnes when he's out on the grass running and booting balls about?  I bloody hope not!

All with a massive pinch of salt, of course.  As our return dates invariably end up being pushed back.  But it sounded to me like we might have some attacking options back sooner rather than later.  6 players for 3 positions.  Imagine that! 

It's the midfield where we sound completely fucked.