Stanley Nsoki

James

We do seem to be buying higher quality stock, and so it will be interesting to see if this translates to better team success in spite of the manager.

If it does, even if these players are moved on, it will be for significant profit, and then we will see if the money is actually used to push on. The approach can work, and we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah. Let's wait and see.

I'm waiting on nothing. By all means go and burn the place down if you lot wish. What do I care.

I'll look on with interest either way. It's really quite simple and a big relief. Really going to just enjoy watching football this season without any major concerns over how Newcastle are doing.

Fair enough. I've lost interest in football, only NUFC kept me interested. The game is nothing more than a spectacle for TV these days.

I just think that enough time has passed now, to eliminate the possibility that The fat cunt is  simply  a hungry caterpillar who will turn into a beautiful butterfly on the last page.

I understand your point of view completely.

Personally, I grew up playing the game a ton, and so will always enjoy watching it, purely for what happens on the pitch, and appreciating what different players and teams are capable of. It's always purely been about that for me.

I am genuinely looking forward to getting back to that more and not getting wound up by what is going on with Newcastle, as has so often been the case for a good while now.

Kanji[/member] - That is exactly it. So often recently I haven't even been watching the other games or highlights, because I'm so annoyed at what is happening with Newcastle. It's been so tedious, honestly.

Again fair enough. I played football just about everyday growing up, and I loved the game for the same reasons. But fuck it. I hated Jimmy Hill, he spoilt MOTD. I thought the digital age would have eliminated the annoying additions to the game but now there's literally thousands  of Jimmy Hills.

Kevin-Ball.jpg

We do seem to be buying higher quality stock, and so it will be interesting to see if this translates to better team success in spite of the manager.

If it does, even if these players are moved on, it will be for significant profit, and then we will see if the money is actually used to push on. The approach can work, and we'll find out soon enough.

Jesus christ..

You do realise we’ve lost the highest quality stock manager we’ve ever had & replaced him with the lowest :icon_scratch:

I’m not sure you’re mentally prepared for the reality check next season :laugh:

I have no idea how it will play out, and I'm not tied to it either way.

I'm certainly not going to set myself up to get wound up, if the players we bring in excel and the team starts doing really well. The league is looking weaker this year, we are bringing in some players that certainly do have some ability that could really translate, and Bruce is arguably better than Pardew for certain, and even the version of McClaren we had.

You could end up very frustrated this season. I'm finished with getting into it that much with the team. I'm just done.

This is me as well to some extent, I would want new signings to do well. The main difference this season is I won't be getting wound up if we lose. There won't be any fear or tension that I normally feel during 90 mins. There's a detachment now, although it won't be anything like as bad as it was with Pardew. Bruce might be a poor manager but I just don't hate him like I did with Pardew. I would compare it with the McClaren time as manager, although he was replacing a pillock, and Bruce is replacing one of the best managers in the game.

Guest Gonzo

Looks like he has the potential but the pace of the PL might catch him out if he tries any of that Roy of the rovers stuff like in his YouTube clips.

Ha ha ha - do you think we've spiked the deal because it was only producing 4 extra season ticket sales and not the turning point they were after  :aww:

Maybe only Messi could do that Charnley - now pick that phone up and dial a Barcelona number fella - get him over the line ASAP

He didn't agree to come when we made a move for him last year either. Supposedly a big gap between what we are offering and what he wants to move. Doesn't sound like he's that fussed about coming tbh, assuming we aren't offering him peanuts.

Ashley’s a billionaire, what’s an extra 10k a week?

Funny how he expects the other parties to just cough up more but he won’t think of doing it himself. Odious fat wanker.

And...

Now this used to piss me off when we low balled clubs and players with shit offers knowing they'd get knocked back. After what Ashley has done this summer, I literally don't really care.

The Joelinton and Almiron deals took ages as well. Charnley actually admitted that the Almiron deal only happened because they fell in line with our offer. If the lad's as good as they reckon, he's probably got offers from elsewhere on the table. Maybe he'll just take up one of those instead. No loss for Ashley, if it isn't a great deal, then he gets to keep the money.