Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Under no circumstances should we sell St Maximin this window.

We've yet to see him have a run with someone dangerous on the RW, Wilson and Trippier all in the team at the same time.

He was frustrating last season but it's far too early to consider selling him :lol:

13 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Under no circumstances should we sell St Maximin this window.

We've yet to see him have a run with someone dangerous on the RW, Wilson and Trippier all in the team at the same time.

He was frustrating last season but it's far too early to consider selling him :lol:

He'd only be sold if Howe thinks the temperament hasn't changed and he isn't going to do the pressing his game now needs and if he's not carrying out instructions re distribution etc.

Guest HTT II

I love his skills, his dribbling, his tricks and flair, if he played for another team he’d be a fave of mine. But I can’t stand his sulking, going down constantly and taking an age to get out of some huff he’s in and I’d rather a less skilful player, but who is more consistent in terms of successful passes and team-work. But we can’t sell him, he’s too important to us and I’d like to see how he does under a full season with Howe in what is now a better team. He needs to up his game though.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

“He had a poor second half of the season because he was exhausted from playing for Bruce” [emoji38] [emoji38]

Fucking hell, that’s some clutching. [emoji38]

Under the whole previous season of Bruce, and this season up until Bruce was sacked, Bruce had everything going through him.

I can see how it might sound far fetched, but people forget the season prior, and then heading into the new season, at times, Bruce was bringing him back into the side partly injured, the guy looked part mummy he had so many bandages on. He was bound to gas a bit this season following the way Bruce used him, then, Howe came in and intensified the training, maybe his body needed to adjust to proper training again and that's what we saw on the pitch, a lad who was just a bit knackered from it all. 

Anyway, he's an absolute legend, can't do no wrong for me, I do agree with the bits people say about him getting fouled and spending too much time whining, he would definitely do better to just jump up and crack on.

Shouldn't be looking to sell him this season, obviously, but I think in the long term we can get a better left winger.  He's got some tricks and makes a generally positive contribution but he is not and never will be top class.

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Under the whole previous season of Bruce, and this season up until Bruce was sacked, Bruce had everything going through him.

I can see how it might sound far fetched, but people forget the season prior, and then heading into the new season, at times, Bruce was bringing him back into the side partly injured, the guy looked part mummy he had so many bandages on. He was bound to gas a bit this season following the way Bruce used him, then, Howe came in and intensified the training, maybe his body needed to adjust to proper training again and that's what we saw on the pitch, a lad who was just a bit knackered from it all. 

Anyway, he's an absolute legend, can't do no wrong for me, I do agree with the bits people say about him getting fouled and spending too much time whining, he would definitely do better to just jump up and crack on.

Saying he was poor under Howe because he was exhausted from playing for Bruce is a shite excuse fella. I’m all for people sticking up for their favourite players, but finding excuses that just don’t exist is just daft. [emoji38]

We shouldn't be looking to sell him, but we should have a replacement in mind if someone bids more than 40m for him.

If we turn down that sort of money we are crackers.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

We shouldn't be looking to sell him, but we should have a replacement in mind if someone bids more than 40m for him.

If we turn down that sort of money we are crackers.

I wonder if that's the idea with Harrison, with the excess going on a Diaby type ?

I'd quite happily see him sold presuming that meant we were getting a replacement. I doubt he'll be here beyond this season anyway, I don't think he's a Howe type of player.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Saying he was poor under Howe because he was exhausted from playing for Bruce is a shite excuse fella. I’m all for people sticking up for their favourite players, but finding excuses that just don’t exist is just daft. [emoji38]

Yes but you've ignored what I feel personally, my opinion, and just gone fuck off, there's no way he was exhausted. 

Not even considered what I'm saying.

May as well have just said to me shut up you cunt, or not replied.

???

6 hours ago, tomlynnherrington said:

How many goals and chances would team mates have scored and made if he’d released the ball earlier and to players in better positions? I agree it’s a big season for the lad.We all know he has talent,but NOW he needs to realise that this applies to other players.

Look at when Wilson was back. A really clever ball in for his second against Burnley. He was right with his comments that in effect Wood gives him nothing because he's so slow and static. 

On 19/07/2022 at 18:16, The Prophet said:

I used to work with a lass a few years back who when she parked up it would look like the car had been abandoned after being stolen.

Didnt matter how much the arse end or front stuck out, how sideways the car was or even if it was in a parking bay. Not a single shit was given.

Was really annoying like. [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
39 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes but you've ignored what I feel personally, my opinion, and just gone fuck off, there's no way he was exhausted. 

Not even considered what I'm saying.

May as well have just said to me shut up you cunt, or not replied.

???

Don’t think you are a cunt or wanted to say fuck off fella. I just found that excuse funny.

3 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Look at when Wilson was back. A really clever ball in for his second against Burnley. He was right with his comments that in effect Wood gives him nothing because he's so slow and static. 

ASM only passes to mobile and quick central strikers.You’re agreeing with that line of thought? And his reluctance to pass to every other team mate in better positions on regular occasions ?

Edited by tomlynnherrington

8 hours ago, alexf said:

Barely any...I've seen plenty of times where he laid it off to wood, almiron, Murphy, Joelinton etc and they all fucked up a goalscoring chance. 

Whenever I saw it I understood more why he sometimes feels the need to go it alone because the likelihood of one of the others doing anything was slim to none. 

When he plays with Wilson he gives him good assists and if we get a player of equal quality on the right then he will have more space to work in.

It shouldn’t be his decision who he passes to.If we signed a right sided attacking player,in the same mould as ASM but better,would ASM be happy if most attacks went through the new signing because he was the more productive player? Would ASM accept that scenario? If a team mate is in a better position you bring that player into play.It’s called team work.

Teams win games,not individuals. Newcastle UNITED.I don’t expect Eddie to put up with his previous mindset and if ASM reluctantly does change his game,to the benefit of the team,I wouldn’t be surprised if he looked for a transfer in January.If were are to progress as a team.The attitude of some other players needs to change.Lack of effort is still a problem from some players.

This season is certainly make or break for him. He's obviously had his nose put out of joint going from the main man under Bruce to effectively a squad player under Howe.

Has to be questioning whether he can get sufficient game time given he only... *checks notes*... started almost every single game he was available for under Howe, including the last 9 games of the season. 

47 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Is this based on anything? 

Based on the fact he's been the only player to go backwards since we got shot of Bruce. Or do you disagree?

36 minutes ago, Beth said:

Based on the fact he's been the only player to go backwards since we got shot of Bruce. Or do you disagree?

Whether he went forwards or backwards is irrelevant to the point you were making. You said he’s obviously had his nose put out of joint and I wondered if it was based on anything I’d missed. Clearly not.

Edited by BoSelecta