Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

52 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

He’s clearly a maverick who id guess won’t fall in line with this level of discipline hence why he’s looking so miserable on all the vlogs. 

“We’ve worked really with Maxi during pre-season,” Howe said. “He’s in a really good place, I think. He looks happy, he’s trained well. He’s delivered everything we asked him to deliver. You know, we’ve pushed him physically, he’s responded. So I’m hoping for a very, very good season.”

Looks like you're talking shit again bonny lad. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

“We’ve worked really with Maxi during pre-season,” Howe said. “He’s in a really good place, I think. He looks happy, he’s trained well. He’s delivered everything we asked him to deliver. You know, we’ve pushed him physically, he’s responded. So I’m hoping for a very, very good season.”

Looks like you're talking shit again bonny lad. 

Great post until the last sentence. No need to be abusive after all this is a forum where opinions are aired. Not every opinion has to be in line with your own ideology!

On 19/07/2022 at 19:55, Tsunami said:

Why’s Maxi late? He’s still taking on the car park bays and he’s slightly clipped Sven’s car and needlessly ploughed into a hedge.

I’ve seen him driving out before on his phone up that little path, no seatbelt on.

38 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I’ve seen him driving out before on his phone up that little path, no seatbelt on.

Should've grassed him up. There's a chance he could run over, and possibly kill, a budding Internet sensation whilst distracted.

There were spells in the two friendlies when ASM played on the right and Almiron on the left. I'd like Howe to persist with that. Imo both players' dynamic style of play would benefit from a simpler winger role on their strong side - less dwelling on the ball facing the whole defence, less crap shooting, less lack of vision and composure - just dribble like mad to the byline (as narrow as possible, cause they are shite at crossing) fire a low cross/shot or try a cut back, that's it. ASM's absurd defensive 'output' complicates things of course, as placing him on the right would expose Trippier.. so yeah, don't particularly want to spread negativity - I still believe some quality competition on the wings will raise his game / free him up more on the pitch but tbh I don't expect much improvement from ASM. 

He drove into my estate which is adjacent to a shopping centre during the pandemic after a shop. Realised it was a cul-de-sac before going back from whence he came.  Drives to the shops like he plays some might say.

Maxi will look a lot better when we're not so one sided and he can be marked out of the game, he's brilliant at 1v1s but all too often he's 1v3 because the opposition know that the other options will likely spoon it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Maxi will look a lot better when we're not so one sided and he can be marked out of the game, he's brilliant at 1v1s but all too often he's 1v3 because the opposition know that the other options will likely spoon it anyway.

Have you seen the way teams defend now ? They can double up on a player and still be able to double up at the other side of the pitch because the ball doesn't get there instantly. 

Teams double up on him so much because his decision making is often poor as is his execution.

Big season  for him, he has the raw talent...... has he the temperament to make the most of those talents ?

On 18/07/2022 at 11:06, JonBez comesock said:

Bold prediction 

Maxi out - Harrison in 

paquetta in (as well) 

I would like this 

(plus Dennis) on the right 

if we need to stick to budget 

plus….loan centre forward !! 

Chelsea interested ? 

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Selling him would be brainless at this point. Wilson would be the only decent attacker left at the club and he won't see more than 25 games. 

Players are usually replaced if they are sold, so if he does go (which he won't), I wouldn't worry about just having Wilson upfront.

Just now, KaKa said:

Players are usually replaced if they are sold, so if he does go (which he won't), I wouldn't worry about just having Wilson upfront.

We need another winger alongside ASM. If he is sold and if we replace him with someone who is hopefully as influential for us as he is we're still going to have Fraser, Almiron or Murphy on the other side. And Wood up front when Wilson inevitably gets injured.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We need another winger alongside ASM. If he is sold and if we replace him with someone who is hopefully as influential for us as he is we're still going to have Fraser, Almiron or Murphy on the other side. And Wood up front when Wilson inevitably gets injured.

We are already looking for a winger on the other side ... if we sell ASM (which we won't), we will then be looking for two wingers. One for each side. As well as continuing to look for the additional striker we are after.

Edited by KaKa