Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I think this is a fairly critical season ahead for ASM's career. He needs to show that he can adapt and contribute to an organised team with a structured game-plan.

I really want it to work for him because at his best, he's such an exciting player to watch, but if it doesn't work out then I suspect his career ceiling may be comparable to Zaha at Palace.

My gut feel is that he might not have the right mentality to go to the top, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think he has it and will. We simply need equal pace and quality on right flank. Wilson in middle of that would be dangerous, marking suddenly becomes a nightmare and ASM gets more space and options to work with in attack. Same goes for others, and with Bruno feeding it forward he's going to unlock defences and give them all chances. Would be great to see.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I think he has it and will. We simply need equal pace and quality on right flank. Wilson in middle of that would be dangerous, marking suddenly becomes a nightmare and ASM gets more space and options to work with in attack. Same goes for others, and with Bruno feeding it forward he's going to unlock defences and give them all chances. Would be great to see.

I do hope so however with being afforded more space comes a greater expectation with his decision making and end product.

He needs to learn to pick the right time to dribble and when to pass etc. and to be fair to him of late, I think he's working on it so there's promise.

1 minute ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I've been one of his critics, and I really hope he silences me. I really do.

A hard working, team playing ASM with an end product would be amazing on one of our wings.

Me too.  If he’d just look up earlier he’d instantly become twice the player.  The lad has sensational close control of the ball, just needs to add some smarts to his game.  Those last few games last season did offer some hope - but he either steps up or ships out now I suspect. 

I haven't heard any noise about a move which i think we would have if he was agitating for one. Hopefully he's listening to howe. I just want him to be in position for great balls through from bruno leaving him with only one player to beat rather than trying to go past everyone and losing it.

It's definitely a combination between his poor decision making and other teams knowing he's only threat so doubling up on him while wood and miggy didn't need much attention. I hope when there are more threats on pitch he will have more fun

I'm fairly relaxed about the ASM situation. I don't think he'll ever be a team player, but because he's so dangerous, he's still an asset, and one of the few players we could get big money for if we ever wanted to part ways. Still very important to us this coming season.

Be very surprised if we sold Maxi, he’s capable of better and if that happens loads of clubs will be in for him at a much higher price. I don’t think he’d move to any other PL club so it doesn’t leave loads of places he could go to anyway.

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Who's buying Maxi for £30-40m...?

No idea. He might go on loan maybe, think Howe doesn’t fancy him. Also not convinced it will take that much money for us to sell him.

Edited by Dr Venkman

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:
12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Who's buying Maxi for £30-40m...?

No idea. He might go on loan maybe, think Howe doesn’t fancy him. Also not convinced it will take that much money for us to sell him.

You could be right but I don't agree at all. :laugh: Don't see any evidence at all to suggest he doesn't like him, unless we think he's simply had no choice but to play him. Still, I don't see it, I think he sees him as very valuable and I really don't think we'd want to burden ourselves with having to buy two wingers this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I'm not convinced he's worth as much as some on here think either. The majority of clubs would want someone who fits the team pattern better. Like Harrison.

ASM is best when he's playing for a shit manager like Bruce or Pardew. 8 men behind the ball, then give it to ASM to win it with a bit of magic. Which works maybe half a dozen times a season.

6 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

If he’s replaced with someone who Howe prefers it makes perfect sense.

It's unlikely to happen this season though, RW is more important.

39 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

We desperately need another striker and a right winger yet you think we are loaning out our LW too? :lol: