Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest neesy111

No chance are we selling Maxi, but it's a big season in his career for him.  He needs to adapt tactically to the team when it's needed if we wants to get to the next level he says he wants to.

He can do things that very few players can. He has a higher ceiling than pretty much any of the players we have been linked with in my opinion. 

It just waits to be seen whether or not a solid pre-season, improved coaching and injury free run can lead to him maximising his potential.

If he fails to develop this season surrounded by better players and with all the other advantages I already mentioned, then would be the time to maybe consider replacing him. But not yet, he is a unique enigma, and if nurtured properly becomes a high value asset. 

Think this will be his final season here, but I do hope I'm wrong. Didn't seem to be much change in the 1860 game attitude-wise, to me, but it's very early days.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Lads, lads, I’m not advocating for it. It’s just a hunch.

Same here 

I wouldn’t sell maxi 

I just get the feeling we will sign Harrison and let maxi go (after) to help with paquetta fee 

Harrison doesn’t play on the right , always the left 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

We desperately need another striker and a right winger yet you think we are loaning out our LW too? :lol:

There are two qualifications in that sentence which tell you I don't think it's likely to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did, though, that seems to be the difference. Also, if he's replaced I can see him being loaned out, yeah, why not?

Edited by Dr Venkman

We haven’t managed to get a proper striker or a quality RW in in almost 8 months now. We definitely shouldn’t be selling ASM. Also, the potential of him is worth more than we would get for him now. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

There are two qualifications in that sentence which tell you I don't think it's likely to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did, though, that seems to be the difference. Also, if he's replaced I can see him being loaned out, yeah, why not?

What makes you think we want to enter the market for a LW too with all the trouble of signing a ST and a RW? Never going to happen IMO no matter what Howe thinks about ASM.

ASM’s potential ceiling is also very high, I’m sure Howe wants to try to see if he can improve him before looking at other options.

42 minutes ago, Pata said:

What makes you think we want to enter the market for a LW too with all the trouble of signing a ST and a RW? Never going to happen IMO no matter what Howe thinks about ASM.

ASM’s potential ceiling is also very high, I’m sure Howe wants to try to see if he can improve him before looking at other options.

I get the feeling Howe isn't that keen on ASM, that's all. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I get the feeling Howe isn't that keen on ASM, that's all. 

His managers in France weren't so keen on him either. He's a fantastic talent but he plays the game by himself too much. He'll be here this season, but I reckon he'll be replaced in a year's time.

There’s a reason that he’s still here after the Ashley/Bruce era, had any decent side come in with a reasonable bid they would have got him. I don’t see that he’s suited to being a part of a top side, but does he work for the likes of us right now? Of course.

I think Harrison could very well do better numbers than ASM, albeit less spectacularly. ASM has a lot to prove next season for me.

Edited by Kimbo

Car parking :lol:

He must be an absolute nightmare to try to coach if they can't even get him to start parking properly like [emoji38]

Edited by Sean