Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

We may all have our opinion on this case(where most of us dont have all the information), but lets not judge his friends/collegues that are relieved that he was found innocent in the court.

I doubt that they are standing behind him while also thinking that the court got it wrong. Most of us want to think the best of others, especially those we know in real life.

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

ASM thread turns into Mens Rights hellhole shocker

And next on the Anthony Gordon thread we discuss “the bbc - their moralistic downspiraling - can it be saved or should it be abandoned all together?”

Allegedly said to the accused at the time that he’s slept with over 10,000 girls when they said they said they don’t want to sleep with him and that he wouldn’t so. I’m sure the chances are that at some point he might get accused of something like this with all these parties and girls. Seems there were two of them at the time to use each other as an alibi and planned staying there.  

They obviously had enough of evidence or not enough to come to that conclusion. So it’s either a guy who’s had his life ruined and tainted due to the accusations or somebody to some extent was forceful. 

as far as other footballers supporting him goes, it’s fair enough I think as they obviously know him better too. 

as for the lifestyle I think a lot of them need to mature a bit and prevent being put in any position for accusations to be used against them. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

54 minutes ago, sempuki said:

For me he hasn't GOT to go, but ignoring a bid of say £50+ million, considering what that could do for the team as a whole is just the wrong move when we're talking about a player who hasn't really done very much in the grand scheme of things.

What if he runs his contract down and we get nothing for him?

Edited by BonesJones

Wish I knew what the offset was. Just to fund Harvey Barnes I'd just as soon not but if we can add two for letting ASM go when I think about the minimum of 6 extra top class games with the squad as it stands I just feel were going to be stretched as fuck if we dont fill out.

I do think he'd be a lot of fun in Europe next season. (and actually ideal for the Saudi league probably)

On the other hand if he's available as much as he was last season we'll be kicking ourselves and the frustration will go through the roof when he does play unless he improves consistency.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I love ASM but he's not going to be available consistently, playing in the current high intensity setup, and he is not going to get the new contract with us that he wants because of it.

He's a very entertaining player and has quite a high profile because of it and so we will probably get £50 million from him from a Saudi club. 

It's a no brainer sale in my opinion.

I reckon Eddie is standing by Maxi and the he wants to keep him 'line' in Public.

So if he's sold it points towards the club, rather than Eddie.

If Neves was 50 and Marhrez 30 then Maxi is worth 50-60m.

That would give us potentially 60-100m to Spend. So 2-3 new signings.

Barnes 35, Livramento 20(ish), and then 45-50 on another I'd imagine - fuck knows who...Chiesa, Diaby?

Those 3 with Tonali massively improved our squad and started 11. ASM rarely played last year.

Probably, completely wrong :)

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Watching the highlights from yesterday and Maxi put 2 on a plate (Longstaff & Anderson both missed), assisted the first and scored the second. 

I know it’s only Gateshead but he’s shown he can do that in the PL. His fitness is the obvious concern.

Such a sliding doors moment for him and the club, really interested to see how it plays out. 

7 hours ago, sempuki said:

Surprised at that.. fooking hell. Mahrez is pretty much in his prime. It just feels like such a waste.

There again I suppose if the Saudi league eventually becomes competitive with good players, it'll be the new PL. 

Saudi have to be seen to be buying players from everyone else before buying off us to set the precedent that the government isn't just bankrolling us by buying all our less desirables for millions.

The level of investment is insane.