Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

6 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Barnes assists weren't too bad either when Leicester had good strikers in form instead of a washed vardy they had last season.

0.14 per 90 expected assists and much of that has been with a really good Vardy as the xA column shows.

barnes.thumb.PNG.e8a95490adbb38de844173386cfbec52.PNG

1 minute ago, Pata said:

0.14 per 90 expected assists and much of that has been with a really good Vardy as the xA column shows.

barnes.thumb.PNG.e8a95490adbb38de844173386cfbec52.PNG

10 assists in 21/22, that's like 2 years of ASM's assists.

Like others, I was checked out during the Bruce era so don't have the same attachment to him as the ray of hope he was in a turgid time.

Sad to see it not work out for him here, I really think he tried to do everything Howe wanted him to but it was just never a good fit.

Hope he does well and stays fit out in Saudi, think he'll be class to watch ripping the absolute piss out of inferior defenders there.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

His goal scoring stats are shite. You specified goals and assists as being 'end product' though and said his numbers were poor? They aren't poor though as he's very good at creating chances.

Like I say, he passes the eye test too, I'm not just basing this off of FBref. I've said plenty times in match threads that I don't get the criticisms of him in the final 3rd as he puts dangerous balls in all the time.

End product = goals/assists, as you said was nonsense.  12 goals and 17 assists in 111 games. The goal tally is poor, the assist is average. 

I'm simultaneously relieved and a little disappointed (as I'd love to see the reaction of other clubs' fans :lol: ) that we didn't try some snide 150m transfer :lol:

Edited by thomas

1 minute ago, thomas said:

I'm simultaneously relieved and a little disappointed (just to see the reaction of other clubs' fans :lol: ) that we didn't try some snide 150m transfer :lol:

Oh they’ll complain anyway no matter the figure don’t you worry. 

I'm a Maxi fan and if while you can have a fine Maxi vs. Barnes pub discussion, I don't think there is much room to argue the merits of (Maxi) vs. (Barnes plus two other players based on FFP accounting). In that situation, Maxi loses hands down.

14 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

End product = goals/assists, as you said was nonsense.  12 goals and 17 assists in 111 games. The goal tally is poor, the assist is average. 

If you want to make an argument around a fairly archaic (on it's own) stat point then fair enough, his goal and assist tally per game is not great. When I said his end product was good I was talking about his final ball relative to his time on the pitch. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If you want to make an argument around a fairly archaic (on it's own) stat point then fair enough, his goal and assist tally per game is not great. When I said his end product was good I was talking about his final ball relative to his time on the pitch.

It's very easy for "per 90" type stats to become inflated when over a short period of time though. For example, Adam Le Fondre has one of the best goal per minute ratios in Premier League history.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I'm also talking about last year, I never watched him under Bruce so I don't know.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

It's very easy for "per 90" type stats to become inflated when over a short period of time though. For example, Adam Le Fondre has one of the best goal per minute ratios in Premier League history

I'm talking about what I've seen watching him this season though, his shot/goal creation stats just back it up. His final ball was often very good and he noticeably would create more chances than those around him even when being double up on. The picture of him aimlessly dribbling into danger is just massively harsh.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I'm talking about what I've seen watching him this season though, his shot/goal creation stats just back it up. His final ball was often very good and he noticeably would create more chances than those around him even when being double up on. The picture of him aimlessly dribbling into danger is just massively harsh.

I don't necessarily disagree, though I do probably feel Barnes is an improvement (at the very least because he'll be fit regularly), but the whole expected assists per 90 last season stats are bollocks because they are for a pretty small sample size of actual minutes.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

I don't necessarily disagree, though I do probably feel Barnes is an improvement (at the very least because he'll be fit regularly), but the whole expected assists per 90 last season stats are bollocks because they are for a pretty small sample size of actual minutes.

1120 minutes.

I wouldn't exactly say the stat was worth anything alone, but I wouldn't say it's an insignificant sample size like.

I think Barnes will be a massive improvement. As much as I feel Maxi gets unjust stick he's still miles away from someone like Barnes.