Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

On 09/02/2022 at 18:07, HTT II said:

Yet nowhere near as good as them in terms of flair, trickery, feet work and dribbling. He would have made a very good Ronaldo-light CF today given he was over 6ft, very direct, two footed and so strong. He lacked the genuine pace and dribbling to be an effective wide player/winger today. Robert likewise who could have played a CF role without being a CF in today’s game. Ginola could never ever have did what ASM did to Everton in that second half, nor Robert. HBA could have, but strength wise on the ball, ASM, you can only stop him in full flight or even at a slower pace, by kicking and fouling him. Unplayable really when he’s in that groove…

I've seen Ginola tear the arse of teams more than ASM did Everton in the 2nd half. Boro and Stoke in 95 - his performance against Boro is still the most virtuoso display I've ever seen - It was a much more physical sport then, tackles were allowed - but its also just my personal preference for his style over ASM and HBA's. Was much more controlled and deliberate for me. Cryuff over Giggs sort of thing.

Ginola was in the European team of the year when we signed him, had tore the arse of Barcelona for PSG, was the best player in this country initially, was third in PFA player of the year for us and won it with Spurs.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aston Villa home 12/13 - 1 goal, completely took the piss throughout.

Remember that game. One of the few (maybe the only) times that season pardcunt played with Cabaye-Anita-Sissoko in the middle and HBA-Cisse-Remy in front, which was the lineup I was craving. We play good, win the game and next game we are back with Sissoko on the wing and HBA on the bench... 

3 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Remember that game. One of the few (maybe the only) times that season pardcunt played with Cabaye-Anita-Sissoko in the middle and HBA-Cisse-Remy in front, which was the lineup I was craving. We play good, win the game and next game we are back with Sissoko on the wing and HBA on the bench... 

Pardew man ... for his mismanagement of the talent we had at that time, he will always be the worst for me. The guy was despicable.

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pardew man ... for his mismanagement of the talent we had at that time, he will always be the worst for me. The guy was despicable.

You’re 99% right. Just need to change it to: “The guy was and IS despicable.”

Edited by greydos

34 minutes ago, Nattfare said:

Something tells me that's just how he likes it. His playstyle probably reflects his personality to some degree.

Aye. Can't imagine Longstaff or Dummett walking around like him. 

6 minutes ago, triggs said:

If he doesn't get a goal/assist today people will be back saying he should be dropped

I think if he, like any of our players right now, performs well enough, they will be well received. 

I've been critical of him In a couple of games earlier on, but it's been justified imo. Would I have dropped him? Never ever in a million years. Great to hopefully see him being back to his best, and maybe even on yet another level. Go on son!

Going forward.. Even if he isn't at his best or doesn't succeed with much then other players will still get more space because of him. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Disco said:

So fucking useful in the last ten-fifteen minutes when you’re closing a game out. So many fouls won and seconds ran down.

Was bang average today. But still such a threat and an outlet!