Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Such a frustrating player to watch, but also a very luxurious to have in your squad. Looking back at found memories of his spell under Bruce. Unfortunately his time here has been hampered by injuries. When forced to adapt his style under Howe he never looked the same. Good - but never as explosive as under Bruce. Wish him the best, though. He’ll have plenty of €€€ to spend on fines at his new club:iamatwat:

It's a shame to see ASM go, but if it genuinely does mean in FFP simplistic terms as one or two on here have said, that we can buy another 3 or 4 quality players, then I feel it's a no brainer to sell him.

One of few saleable assets we have that for a few reasons (not talent) is expendable.

Pre takeover I'd have been gutted at him leaving, but we will absolutely be fine and continue to improve. Just a shame to see such an enjoyable player to watch move on. 

Can't believe we are only getting £23m for ASM when Neves went to Saudi for £47m!!!

On 19/07/2023 at 13:52, bobbydazzla said:

Absolutely world class but doesn't play for his country and no major clubs appear to have shown any interest in him, even though it's been obvious for a while that Howe doesn't fancy him

He's canny on his day, but he's not world class

Be surprised if many fans outside of the Premier League even know who 

There's no way I'm gonna be able to properly catch up on 50 pages...

Can't help but suspect this deal is significantly motivated by very big doubts about his ability to stay fit long term. Particularly in our style of play at least. Our medical team might well be saying he's looking at 20 games a season tops.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

There's no way I'm gonna be able to properly catch up on 50 pages...

Can't help but suspect this deal is significantly motivated by very big doubts about his ability to stay fit long term. Particularly in our style of play at least. Our medical team might well be saying he's looking at 20 games a season tops.

That's exactly it IMO. The medical team will have played a big role in deciding whether we should keep him.

18 hours ago, Manxst said:

My bad…I forgot Alex too. Without Brucey Senior, poor young Alex is left jobless. 

And those other two feckless twats that follow him around like a lost fucking puppy.

Hated those inept cunts whilst they were here.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Hahahahahah

This could backfire on them. They may make Al Ahli pay more.

Edit.... I would also love to see them explain the fair value process as regards transfer fees.

Edited by madras