Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We're owned by the people paying for a start. Other clubs wanting him is irrelevant really, there are countless examples of players being sold and the fee being based on what the seller and buyer are willing to sell/buy for, without any other club being in the picture. 

It's not unreasonable to say that the fee is a joke comparatively.

My gut feeling is that we're deliberately undervaluing as part of showing how squeaky clean we're being with FFP, for whatever reason. 

It would have been all over the press if, say, West Ham were offering 50m and we turned it down for half that from the owner's other clubs.  We wouldn't be able to stop leaks elsewhere.

There is no conspiracy to this - the lad isn't worth what people want him to be worth.

15 minutes ago, Sean said:

No European club was going to get near the wages on offer from Saudi so we'll never know how much they may have been prepared to pay for him. I'd be staggered if it's not at least £30 million, despite all the noise.

Which European team? If he's gone for the wages, then how many Euro teams would have touched him?

6 hours ago, Pata said:

PIF owned team bought him from us ffs. We didn’t need a bidding war to get a decent fee for him.

They’ve obviously kept the fee to exactly what we need and no more as there’s teams (and the prem probably) waiting to nail us to the wall.

8 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Do you think there were other clubs willing to pay more ?

Or we should have kept him as an unwanted squad player and not banked the £25 million ?

I might think my house is worth £25 million but if no-one is willing to pay it then it isn’t.

Thats how market value works. 

Thats price equilibrium 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

He was a player who had a bad injury track record and couldn’t be relied upon because of it. We received no bids for him at all yet some people on here seemed to think we should have took our chances with taking a £40m fee.

if we did that then spurs and Liverpool (rightly so in my opinion) would have complained as would others.

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Saw enough from Barnes last night to suggest we won't miss ASM at all. We've upgraded again big time. 

Didn’t see the game - was he good? Seemed Anderson had a good game

19 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Thats price equilibrium 

Price equilibrium is where the demand for goods is equal to the supply of goods so prices remain stable 

Market value is a calculation of what an asset will actually sell for if it is put up for sale in normal market conditions

7 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Price equilibrium is where the demand for goods is equal to the supply of goods so prices remain stable 

Market value is a calculation of what an asset will actually sell for if it is put up for sale in normal market conditions

Bobby man ffs 

39 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Didn’t see the game - was he good?

He looked to do the right thing at the right time, and did so efficiently. Nothing amazing, but just looked to have the fundamentals.

I expect us to be more cohesive with Barnes and look to move the ball at a higher tempo.

His track record suggests goals will come so we seem to have a player who is both going to contribute a greater individual output and help the team function.

I'm really happy with the transfer.

Edited by David Edgar

People whinging about the price as if we have a bunch of amateurs involved in running the club :lol: 

We’ve got some of the best in the business now, there’s no way we’ll have got a bad deal.

5 minutes ago, NSG said:

People whinging about the price as if we have a bunch of amateurs involved in running the club :lol: 

We’ve got some of the best in the business now, there’s no way we’ll have got a bad deal.

They’ll have known exactly how much they could get away with safely and did so. Some people seem to be waiting for things to go wrong, also as I said a few days ago - this is the first sacrifice we’ve had to make since the take over and it astounds me the negativity it’s been received in.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

The amount of money is not important right now, doing a trade for an outgoing player is.

Yeah that's the way I see it. It's just about getting an outgoing for a decent chunk, not these £400k nominal fees for Darlow, Lewis etc. 

Sad to see him go. I feel like the Champions League would have been a platform he’d have arrived on but with progress of Anderson and Gordon we’re not short of cover there. 

Good luck Maxi the takeover probably wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t have saved us in those dark seasons.