Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I’m thankful for everything ASM did for the club and will always remember him fondly, but I’m also excited to see Barnes progress under Howe. 

I guess the Internet has driven this need to constantly compare people/things and the need to always rank them, as well as having to ‘pick a side’, even though I don’t see it as necessary on this occasion. 

29 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Unnecessary to have a go at someone who worked hard for the club and played a big part in our survival, just because Barnes doing well. 

While I'm a harsh man, I'm also unfair. The defeat of ASM enjoyers must be brutal and complete.

ASM was a great player for us under Bruce. He was often the difference between us and other teams down there, and was a huge reason as to why we stayed up under him.

Under Howe thought we have been changing our system, and the way he plays, he doesn’t fit into it. That’s not to be used to beat him with, it’s just that we have moved on, and for Maxi the time was right for him to leave.

I’m not sure he’s made the best move for his career, but he’s certainly probably made the best move for himself financially. He’ll be able to buy all the watches now.

The whole ASM and Barnes thing has been done to death and is irrelevant now.

People wanting to use every goal or assist by Barnes as a stick to beat one of our former players with is embarrassing and petty. I was fully onboard with the swap too.

If you want to compare Barnes to someone then compare him to the likes of Grealish, Martinelli, Rashford, Diaz, Son and whoever Chelsea play on the left. These are the sort of players he should be compared to if we want to compete with the best in the league, not someone who carried the team through the dark days but ultimately we outgrew on the club being transformed.

Aye wish him all the success in the world, it might be PR but he did seem to fall for us which is a massive compliment to both the club and the fans. 

Of course letting him go and replacing was the right thing to do despite it being somewhat painful.