Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Not a team player at all. Coddled and enabled by Bruce and now looking far worse in a more structured setup.

Sick of him trying to dribble in dangerous areas of the field and then higher up the pitch often not releasing the ball in time.

Not sure he will be here long term going forward now. Very frustrating player.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Hatem's end product was on a different level to ASM's still though, even towards the end. 

It was, but I remember many a home game where he'd hold and hold and hold it wanting to embarrass a man when a passing option was right there. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not a team player at all. Coddled and enabled by Bruce and now looking far worse in a more structured setup.

Sick of him trying to dribble in dangerous areas of the field and then higher up the pitch often not releasing the ball in time.

He definitely won’t be a long term part of our plans. Unless he radically changes his game. 

I always think twice about being critical about him on here, as I do recognise that he’s pretty much our only outlet, but I really do wish he’d become more of a team player. I think he’s an incredible talent but his decision making is fucking shite at the moment.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This. It's for those reasons I can guarantee no top side will come in for him. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I always think twice about being critical about him on here, as I do recognise that he’s pretty much our only outlet, but I really do wish he’d become more of a team player. I think he’s an incredible talent but his decision making is fucking shite at the moment.

I think he knows he is surrounded by utter shite, which is maybe part of why he doesn't always pass :lol:

A bit like Ben Arfa having Danny Simpson behind him.

He simply isn't a player to rely on. For the past year we have put all our hopes on giving the ball to ASM and hoping he does something magical. 

We have also played him in the wrong position alot. He has to play out wide and we need to create space for him. He will work better when he isn't the ONLY attacking threat.  

The way to get the best out of him is through counter attacks and switching the point of attack quickly so he can be isolated. Too often we're giving it to him with two men to get past and he's not doing anything with it.

I was slated months ago for questioning his value to the team, looks like more people are seeing the same thing, the worst thing is his attitude when we’re playing the so-called lesser teams, which really stuck out today 

Just now, Klaus said:

I think he knows he is surrounded by utter shite, which is maybe part of why he doesn't always pass :lol:

A bit like Ben Arfa having Danny Simpson behind him.

Danny Simpson, Premier League winner and Ben Arfa, a missed opportunity.

Maybe players like that should learn to play as a team and they might achieve much more…

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

For who though?

At the moment I’d do Fraser and Murphy. Technically worse players but I think they’d form a better understanding with the new full-backs between now and the end of the season. If we can get an upgrade on the wing even better. Can just see a top striker being pissed off sharpish with him. Could you imagine Shearer putting up with it? He used to rollick Ginola, Robert & Solano and they actually did provide service. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Thiago said:

The way to get the best out of him is through counter attacks and switching the point of attack quickly so he can be isolated. Too often we're giving it to him with two men to get past and he's not doing anything with it.

This is it.  He needs to play on the break.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

At the moment I’d do Fraser and Murphy. Technically worse players but I think they’d form a better understanding with the new full-backs between now and the end of the season. If we can get an upgrade on the wing even better. Can just see a top striker being pissed off sharpish with him. Could you imagine Shearer putting up with it? He used to rollick Ginola, Robert & Solano and they actually did provide service. 

Exactly. Shearer used to bang on and on about getting the crosses in early before defences regrouped, and he even showed how to do it himself when he pulled out wide. Unfortunately it was impossible to get on the end of his own crosses. 

What I would say is, we might see a better ASM if we get a good right sided attacking midfielder to take some of the creative strain off him, ATM so-called lesser teams know if they put 2/3 players on ASM and that’s us completely nullified, we need another player that will make them think twice about putting 2/3 players on him

Guest neesy111
Just now, triggs said:

Didn't watch today but he literally scored a class goal in our last game :lol:

Played as a striker as well today?

He was absolutely garbage today mind.  

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

What I would say is, we might see a better ASM if we get a good right sided attacking midfielder to take some of the creative strain off him, ATM so-called lesser teams know if they put 2/3 players on ASM and that’s us completely nullified, we need another player that will make them think twice about putting 2/3 players on him

This is true mind, I don't like a lot of his decision making, but when the rest are that shit, it must be tempting to go it alone. 

As I said a few months ago, he's too unpredictable and too unreliable to form any part of a cohesive 11.

He's a wildcard option off the bench when you're chasing a game or when the game's won.

Needs changing out in the medium term.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Danny Simpson, Premier League winner and Ben Arfa, a missed opportunity.

Maybe players like that should learn to play as a team and they might achieve much more…

Ben Arfa was a different league to Saint-Maximin. He’d be frustrating at times but he was far better in his decision making and end product overall.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This is true mind, I don't like a lot of his decision making, but when the rest are that shit, it must be tempting to go it alone. 

Exactly the point i was trying to make. Yes he is frustrating, but he can make things happen from nothing.