Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

I wasn't saying how important his dribbling is to our scoring, just showed how there's almost no threat from our other wing.

Funnily enough Leeds should've scored score almost 9 goals more than they have and should have conceded almost 10 less goals than they have according to xG.

What's our xG say?

I get what you are saying, I'm just saying that we could maybe sacrifice some of those successful dribbles for a more collective effort, sometimes. I know Murphy and Fraser don't pull up any trees when they're on the pitch with ASM but in the period that we relied upon them we were probably at our best, collectively.

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He's invaluable in a set-up like Bruce's and it wouldn't be that crazy to say he alone was responsible for every point gained under that set-up. It would be incorrect, obviously, but it wouldn't be crazy. 

Yeah, absolutely. I just believe that Howe too has use for a player like ASM and hopefully he can improve his weaknesses,

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

What's our xG say?

I get what you are saying, I'm just saying that we could maybe sacrifice some of those successful dribbles for a more collective effort, sometimes. I know Murphy and Fraser don't pull up any trees when they're on the pitch with ASM but in the period that we relied upon them we were probably at our best, collectively.

Should have scored 2.6 goals less and conceded 2 more.

https://understat.com/league/EPL This site has so much xG stuff for all the big leagues and it's free. Also has stats for individual players with ton of filters.

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, absolutely. I just believe that Howe too has use for a player like ASM and hopefully he can improve his weaknesses,

I hope so. I do think a lot is down to how much Maxi wants it. Trouble is, I think, he has so much confidence in his ability to beat his man, and rightly so, that he will most often make that decision. 

Actually, I think I'm mistaken. We know how much he wants it. He wants it. He doesn't revert to his strongest attribute out of laziness or lack of teamwork he does it because he wants to succeed, so much. Get quality around him and he'll be confident in his other options. Maybe.

We've seen how he plays when Wilson is in the team.

Edited by Happinesstan

Thinking about this a bit further. I know when he comes on as a sub he seems less effective than when he starts, But if we're winning the game and don't need him to be the matchwinner, he can be very effective at keeping the ball from the opposition, dragging us up the pitch and winning free-kicks. Like an over-qualified Gutierrez.

Edited by Happinesstan

5 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Thinking about this a bit further. I know when he comes on as a sub he seems less effective than when he starts, But if we're winning the game and don't need him to be the matchwinner, he can be very effective at keeping the ball from the opposition, dragging us up the pitch and winning free-kicks. Like an over-qualified Gutierrez.

Its a right head scratcher. I can't work out whether I want him to start tomorrow or come off the bench.  Weirdly I don't like the idea of bringing him on or off if were losing the game. There's really nothing to bring on but him though in that case. Feel or fear we'd be more likely to go behind with him but unlikely to come from behind without him.

Needs a big performance, starting tonight would be canny. 

Under Howe he's been utter garbage for most part. We all feared this would happen with a more disciplined manager in control. 

I've still got loads of time for him. The only Bright spark in the last couple of seasons, but he needs to get back in his groove and start putting out performances because everyone is plying for their futures right now, not just him. 

Our current position doesn't leave a lot of room for 'flair' players. Maxi is incredible on his day but one thing he isn't is a fighter and we need 11 fighters until we are safe. We could do a lot worse than playing Fraser on the left and Ritchie on the right. He has no pace but he can whip crosses in and always gives 100%.

It would also shore up the right and the left side of our defence

34 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Our current position doesn't leave a lot of room for 'flair' players. Maxi is incredible on his day but one thing he isn't is a fighter and we need 11 fighters until we are safe. We could do a lot worse than playing Fraser on the left and Ritchie on the right. He has no pace but he can whip crosses in and always gives 100%.

It would also shore up the right and the left side of our defence

Playing Ritchie is literally the worst suggestion I’ve ever heard

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

This place man.  Ritchie was an absolute liability in every game he played.

:lol: I bet less than half a per cent of all people on here would advocate starting Ritchie. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: I bet less than half a per cent of all people on here would advocate starting Ritchie. 

Sounds like a new poll is needed just to be sure.