Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, Conjo said:

It's a fair comment. HBA is/was better than both Ginola and Robert.

On talent yes, Robert was better for output though.

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

On talent yes, Robert was better for output though.

In terms of talent that wins games, Robert had more in his Y-fronts. 

I loved Hatem, but come on. 

The rest of his career is very much in his own hands right now. If he can buy into what Howe (and any top/ambitious team) wants, he could be our star player for the coming years (and I'd love it). If he doesn't however, then he'll be gone and will likely never be anything more than a highlight reel player for an average club.

He has no better opportunity in his career than he has right now to be at the forefront of something [hopefully] special. It's on him to take it, but the clock is ticking for him as we get closer to to the transfer window.

It should be pointed out too though, that he's still the only player in our team that can legitimately create something on his own, so perhaps with some more attacking quality around him he'll improve.

It's certainly heading towards make or break for him though.

When he's on form he's an absolute genius, and is class on the eye, but in games like today where he's not really getting the rub of the green, and getting niggled at constantly, he doesn't really have a solution (admittedly not having decent runners around him doesn't help him) other then running into lanes where he can get dispossessed easily, and when we're breaking and have committed players forward that turnover in play can see us getting exposed, like today.

ASM seemed to love the freedom of there not really being a plan under Bruce, as in a way suits his play style, as I don't even think he knows what he's going to do in a given moment, but since Howe came in and there is a structure in place now he's not really been as effective. So while he's our best player he's fine but if he continually can't adapt to Howe's gameplan, then it wouldn't surprise me if in a season or two's time we move on from him, if he can adapt however he has the world at his feet.

He had a tough time getting anything out of their right-sided defence today. Didn’t think he was awful or anything, just didn’t have a big impact. There were far worse performances out there 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

When he's on form he's an absolute genius, and is class on the eye, but in games like today where he's not really getting the rub of the green, and getting niggled at constantly, he doesn't really have a solution (admittedly not having decent runners around him doesn't help him) other then running into lanes where he can get dispossessed easily, and when we're breaking and have committed players forward that turnover in play can see us getting exposed, like today.

ASM seemed to love the freedom of there not really being a plan under Bruce, as in a way suits his play style, as I don't even think he knows what he's going to do in a given moment, but since Howe came in and there is a structure in place now he's not really been as effective. So while he's our best player he's fine but if he continually can't adapt to Howe's gameplan, then it wouldn't surprise me if in a season or two's time we move on from him, if he can adapt however he has the world at his feet.

I think maybe teams have realised to keep him wide left. Do that and he struggles.

It's up to him and the managers tactics to change that.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Decent managers know to just kick him and put three players on him and he’s completely out of the game.

Certainly looks that way, and when you don't have the class like spurs around you to draw some of the attention or assist in an attack he looks completely bereft.

Love ASM and honestly one of the players I want to do well. Hope he see's more of a future here with the takeover etc. than before.

I think when we improve and become one of the better sides in the league he’ll be sold. Loses the ball way too much. That’s ok in our side that can take defeats on the chin but top teams wouldn’t entertain him. 

I don't mind him losing the ball as long as it is in the final third, he needs to be taught when and when not to take the risks.

He was good in the first half today and made the minimum requirement of covering passes and pressing (in his manner). The second half he was back to his defensive worst; strolling and not coordinating with his team mates when the press was triggered. A few times you could see the top five press hard and him let through his marks.

2 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

he plays for himself as would 99.9% of every poster on here

Hes had his use, wont get a game next year, move him on 

Dunno about that.

I was very unselfish buck passing and shy in my playing days

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Decent managers know to just kick him and put three players on him and he’s completely out of the game.

Worth sticking him back on the right and Fraser left? Fraser had a good couple of games there when ASM was out and being on the right will make dribbling easier as he’s not trying to cut inside all of the time where he’s crowded out.