Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Lets hope it's not the usual post-injury ASM that needs a number of games to get back to form that returns to us, but one raring to go and firing on all cylinders. 

Either way it'll be an upgrade on Murphy/Fraser so he needs to get as much game time as possible.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Lets hope it's not the usual post-injury ASM that needs a number of games to get back to form that returns to us, but one raring to go and firing on all cylinders. 

Either way it'll be an upgrade on Murphy/Fraser so he needs to get as much game time as possible.

Possibly why he didn’t play against Fulham. Said he’d trained the day before so, physically at least, he could have played some part. 

Howe possibly realised he’s one of those players that needs to feel bang on to be effective. Hopefully after a solid week of training he’s at that point now.

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Must start imo! 

Completely disagree. We are no longer dependent on his magic just to survive. We're 7th having missed him for half our games. We can afford to give him a full and proper recovery like we have every other casualty.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Completely disagree. We are no longer dependent on his magic just to survive. We're 7th having missed him for half our games. We can afford to give him a full and proper recovery like we have every other casualty.

If he is on the bench then he is fit enough to play at least half a game. If there was any risk then there would be no point in having him on the bench even (if he is)

Murphy is the most likely option if ASM doesn’t start. First of all I don’t rate him even if he has done well like against Fulham. Secondly he will offer even less against a team that won’t give much space to run into, depending on how todays game develops of course. His main strength is physically. We have struggled to score at home home when we have forced teams to sit back. ASM is one of our best chances of unlocking that. Plus he isn’t very good usually when coming on as a sub.

its not just about surviving, it’s about giving ourselves the best chance to beat Brentford. I’d be more optimistic with ASM starting. It’s just my opinion though. I’m sure Howe will have a plan. We could very well beat them with Murphy too but I’d rather not see us starting him.

Edited by Ikon

25 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

7th now but had he been in the team against Palace and Bournemouth we'd be 3 places higher I believe. 

Just now, Ikon said:

You are either ignoring or not getting his point though. 

he's ignoring my point that we're not solely reliant on Maxi. Have we missed him more than we missed Wilson and Bruno? We undoubtedly missed all 3 but did okay with two of them returning. 

Your point was that he MUST start. I disagree, and his ignorance doesn't support your case.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

he's ignoring my point that we're not solely reliant on Maxi. Have we missed him more than we missed Wilson and Bruno? We undoubtedly missed all 3 but did okay with two of them returning. 

Your point was that he MUST start. I disagree, and his ignorance doesn't support your case.

He responded to your point on ASM man  :lol:  Enjoy your weekend. 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

it’s about giving ourselves the best chance to beat Brentford.

That's the small picture. The bigger picture is keeping our best players available for as many games as possible. I think we can beat Brentford without him. 

Also despite a start that shows promising signs that he could be a valuable element of the group, he's really only dazzled in one game, Man City. He should be ready to burst, let's keep that for next week, when the difference will be required a little more.