Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

What rating did you give him out of interest?

5.5/7. An extra half point for being annoying and lazy or greedy or soft or a delicious combination of the three.

Not sure we need to make any major judgements on the lad. He offers something completely different in our side and is an outstanding dribbler, yes, he has struggled generally to play the right ball and weight it well but with some of Howe’s coaching he could easily improve those aspects of his game. Looking forward to seeing what he brings over the rest of the season and hope he stays injury free

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Ben Arfa used to get similar hate with people preferring Gouffran and some other random players over him, some fans just don't want to enjoy football :lol:

Robert as well. There's always been that core of supporters who hate this type of player, the utter weirdos.

I thought he was a bit shite and am thinking more and more that he's on borrowed time here, despite him having some bright performances earlier in the season. If I was Howe I'd be looking to replace him with someone who A, is better suited to his tactical approach and B, can stay fit.

Might be difficult finding someone who could afford him and his flaws; it would have to be another Premier League team you'd think. Could imagine someone like Everton or West Ham taking a punt maybe. He's certainly not going to any of the ESL chums. Maybe Barca or PSG seeing as they're a bit daft in the transfer market.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I thought he was a bit shite and am thinking more and more that he's on borrowed time here, despite him having some bright performances earlier in the season. If I was Howe I'd be looking to replace him with someone who A, is better suited to his tactical approach and B, can stay fit.

Might be difficult finding someone who could afford him and his flaws; it would have to be another Premier League team you'd think. Could imagine someone like Everton or West Ham taking a punt maybe. He's certainly not going to any of the ESL chums. Maybe Barca or PSG seeing as they're a bit daft in the transfer market.

Always ends up at Man Utd in my FM saves

No one, apart from Pope and Trippier, came out of yesterday looking good. He'll always have both matches when he's unplayable and matches where he's frustrating, but we've now got other creative outlets and we're both not reliant on him any more and he's less likely to be man-marked out of games. He's worth the frustration for those times when he's unplayable, which I think will probably increase now he's not the focal point of our creativity.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Recency bias rules most emotional football fans 

Truer words, my friend. Problem is he’s highly skilled and capable of pulling off the absurd, so expectations get elevated he does that whenever he’s on the ball. Similar to Ben Arfa, where fans want to see his Everton goal happen when the ball is at his feet.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Truer words, my friend. Problem is he’s highly skilled and capable of pulling off the absurd, so expectations get elevated he does that whenever he’s on the ball. Similar to Ben Arfa, where fans want to see his Everton goal happen when the ball is at his feet.

Ah the classic vicious cycle of football, do well and achieve and then it’s always expected of you to maintain or better your previous. If you don’t you quickly become judged as shit and/or over rated. It’s never going to change. 

The question on if he’s a Howe type of winger is one for another day, I feel it will be answered in the coming summer. 

He always takes a few games back from injury to get back into any sort of decent form. I guess that's always going to be the problem for Howe when he's here. 

Under Bruce you'd start him whenever fit because those games he was unplayable more than made up for all the poor/rusty displays. Much harder to justify when the team is performing at a top 4 form without him. 

I love him but his fitness problems are a huge issue. It doesn't mean you hate football or any sort of flair player if you acknowledge we will be better off not starting him against Chelsea.