Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

9 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Keep him as an impact sub until he can be sold or his contract runs out. 

He's got the Woodgate syndrome for us now, great player on his day but can barely string two appearances together without being injured.

15 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Keep him as an impact sub until he can be sold or his contract runs out. 

I think that’s probably a bit harsh given the impact he can have and what he’s done but I take your point. We're moving away thankfully from having to rely completely on individuals but the club won’t be able to ignore his injury record. I’d be happy if he stayed and we had suitable other options available which I think will be addressed in Jan and particularly next summer.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

16 hours ago, Kanji said:

Always typical of our luck - unplayable v Man City. Finally shows he's up for the fight defensively when he sprints fully down the pitch to try and stop a counter attack goal, and then scores a worldie equalizer later. 

I wonder if that Man City game took too much out of him. He put in a great effort for that game but I wonder if it triggered these issues. Set the ball rolling downhill as it were…

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I wonder if that Man City game took too much out of him. He put in a great effort for that game but I wonder if it triggered these issues. Set the ball rolling downhill as it were…

I don’t see how one game should have that much of a physical impact on someone but he’s  clearly got a very tricky hamstring that needs managing though. I work as a physio but working with recreational athletes as opposed to elite performers and they can be a nightmare or manage. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

19 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t see how one game should have that much of a physical impact on someone but he’s  clearly got a very tricky hamstring that needs managing though. I work as a physio but working with recreational athletes as opposed to elite performers and they can be a nightmare or manage. 

Bert Trautmann? 

On 18/10/2022 at 07:11, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that’s probably a bit harsh given the impact he can have and what he’s done but I take your point. We're moving away thankfully from having to rely completely on individuals but the club won’t be able to ignore his injury record. I’d be happy if he stayed and we had suitable other options available which I think will be addressed in Jan and particularly next summer.

It sounds harsh, but in all honesty, I can’t see any player who was here when the Saudis took over still starting in 18 months time. 

They are not messing about. 

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

"Could make his comeback", "There's a chance" and "see how training goes today" makes me think we'll be lucky to see him at all this side of the WC :lol:

I sort of rather we waited than rushed him back. We've beaten much better sides than Villa without him, so I'm in no rush to see him back early if it could risk him further.

Six week break coming up and he's not going to the World Cup, I don't think this is really the time to be overly cautious with him. Same with Wilson.

Edited by Pata