Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest HTT II

I get wanting autographs and photos on a match day, but when they are going about their daily private life? We have some weird fans, fucking cretins the lot of them, he should have just round housed the pair of them or something. Why would you bother someone, famous or not. 

Edited by HTT II

My little 3 year old watching the highlights and straight after wanting to go out and be “Alex Action Man” quite like that name for Maxi, sums him up.

Edited by AJ9

He and others recently are snatching at their shots when they get openings. I'd like to see him try and open the body up and go for the curler to the fall post rather than trying to power the near post so often.

But defenders are shit scared of him and rightly so, and we need to exploit that. Like the Joelinton overlap yesterday. That looked simple but Joe gets so much space because of the fear maxi had put in the defenders earlier.

Also if they track the overlap it will give him more space to cut in and take more free shots. Just needs to keep mixing it up. But I have high hopes for maxi this season. ☺️

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

I get wanting autographs and photos on a match day, but when they are going about their daily private life? We have some weird fans, fucking cretins the lot of them, he should have just round housed the pair of them or something. Why would you bother someone, famous or not. 

I don’t think it’s weird at all even though it should be. It’s the price you pay for fame.

Talking to someone who was on the train, said Maxi was friendly and approachable, he refused photos because he was with his child which is more than reasonable. A quick Google shows that that does appear to be his signature. 

Odd attempt to smear a player who has been generous to fans with his time and money on multiple occasions. 

6 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah, needs to keep his FB guessing, but I feel he did that yesterday.

But let's just pause a minute, and celebrate his most valuable contribution of the game, a simple little pass for Joelinton to assist our second goal.  End product.

he didn’t run to the corner and into blind alleys either. Released in time for someone to do something too. It was a class all around team-first approach by maxi. 

Guest HTT II
4 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Video going viral of him giving a rolex to a fan outside the stadium :lol:

Don’t think it was a Rolex!

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

(anyone else think he's lost some weight too)

Yeah. Looks leaner. I think most the squad look hard fit. Amazing what proper training will do. As opposed to jogging round a pitch for a bit, followed by a half arsed game of 5 a side and then fucking off early. 

Guest HTT II
16 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. Looks leaner. I think most the squad look hard fit. Amazing what proper training will do. As opposed to jogging round a pitch for a bit, followed by a half arsed game of 5 a side and then fucking off early for a kebab, some chip butties, a Milky Way, and a nice ice cold wheelie bin bath.

We are still the other 14. When did we last finish in the top 6? 

I get your point but you're getting ahead of yourself. Plus the idea of the account is to give an eye to players that aren't perhaps the most well known or always talked about.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

His awareness was a lot better I thought.It’s always going to be a fine dividing line between the easy pass and a ‘worldly’ ’ run in certain circumstances for him so let’s hope his awareness continues to improve because this to me is a make or break season for him.

i don't think there was ever an issue with awareness, just his selfish decision making. Take Wilson's goal, ordinarily Joelinton's run outside would have created an opportunity for Maxi to cut in and get a shot away, and he would have chosen that. I suppose it might represent some heightened awareness of his best option not always being THE best option. But I honestly think he just thought Meh, let somebody else do something.

32 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

i don't think there was ever an issue with awareness, just his selfish decision making. Take Wilson's goal, ordinarily Joelinton's run outside would have created an opportunity for Maxi to cut in and get a shot away, and he would have chosen that. I suppose it might represent some heightened awareness of his best option not always being THE best option. But I honestly think he just thought Meh, let somebody else do something.

He did the exact same Vs Arsenal though for Wilson/own goal, I think it's a practiced tactic, but you could still be right.