General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, RS said:

I’m not sure he would mind. Has he had to work with shite before?  Would he know how to motivate shelvey?  
I’m still not sure about getting this season “over the line” involves a sexy manager  

If we had 8 games left fair enough, we’ve still got 31 and a transfer window where we could sign a few quality players. 

Also, Sir Bobby was a ‘sexy manager’ when you look at his CV but can get overlooked because he was local. It had been 20 odd years when he last had to deal with a squad in the position we were in.

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we had 8 games left fair enough, we’ve still got 31 and a transfer window where we could sign a few quality players. 

Also, Sir Bobby was a ‘sexy manager’ when you look at his CV but can get overlooked because he was local. It had been 20 odd years when he last had to deal with a squad in the position we were in.

:thup:

The reason Conte hasn't had to get a team out of our position before is because he hasn't needed to dare consider such a job for a long time, with this obviously being a huge exception (edited to add I'm aware that reports seem to indicate he's still not seriously considering it right now :lol:). The idea that that means that he doesn't have the skill for it is utterly ludicrous, especially with 80% of the season left. He'd be ruthless enough to cut shite like Shelvey out sharpish, get the most out of what isn't even a 19th-placed squad, before getting a few players to fit his philosophy in January for the second half of the season. Idare say we'd be pushing top ten by the end of the season.

I still don't trust that Conte is the man to lead a long-term restructuring of the club (purely because he seems to only hang around 2 or 3 years), which is my only reservation about him. But based on pure ability alone? No brainer, no matter where in the league you are. Just like Rafa was.. if Ashley wasn't so thick as pig shit as to waste an international break and two more games before finally cutting McClaren adrift.

Edited by wormy

When I got a year's subscription deal I ended up reading more basketball than football. Granted that was probably heavily influenced by me being completely out of love with football but there rarely seemed to be anything that particularly gripped me. Not to mention the app was fucking shite.

33 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

i took advantage of a special offer from The Athletic ( one pound a month) a few days ago and now can't access my account any body had this problem?

I signed up to the £1 p/m for 12 months deal last week, still working fine for me. I paid via PayPal

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

I see 'The Mag' did us absolutely no favours by drawing parallels between the treatment of our fans and Liverpool fans following Hillsborough. Thankfully they've since edited the article.

Jesus Christ.

:facepalm:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Times seem keen to portray us negatively at any opportunity - yesterday's win was not a first for Newcastle United, but rather the 'Saudis'. And Newcastle fans are disgruntled with Howe after just two games according to Ron Liddle.

Edited by Turnbull2000