Emil Krafth

Nobody

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

He was worth every single penny while Trippier was out injured, just got better with every game and looked a quality right-back by the end of the season.

If you're talking 5 million, I'd agree. I do think you're misremembering just how good he actually was though. He was only ever average at best, before Howe got hold of him he was absolutely horrific.

We've changed a lot as a team since then too.

We're going to encounter a lot of teams sitting back and I don't know if Krafth has the creativity required to help with that if Trippier is injured

He did play well before his injury though, although from memory I think that was more him being good defensively than offensively

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

If you're talking 5 million, I'd agree. I do think you're misremembering just how good he actually was though. He was only ever average at best, before Howe got hold of him he was absolutely horrific.

I think I was quite specific in only referencing the period he came in whilst Trippier was injured?

1 minute ago, HawK said:

I think I was quite specific in only referencing the period he came in whilst Trippier was injured?

Yeah I get that, and I've heard others say similar. I just think for one reason or another people are weirdly misremembering how good he was for us (during that specific period).

We're absolutely fucked if Trips is injured and we have to turn to Emil Krafth in the Champions League.

I think our fans were just pleasantly surprised he wasn’t as bad as he was pre Howe’s arrival.

Unfortunately I never grasped the idea from some fans that say he was ‘great’ while Trippier was out. He was a stop gap and we managed to get through that period. 

He was still shocking at times and didn’t offer much going forward. I do worry if Trippier gets injured.

It would be great if we could get him off the books. Freeing up £3m of wage space to get a good up and coming right back.

Edited by Toon1892

He was great while Trippier was out, both offensively and defensively. I remember being quite surprised as I thought he was shite pre-Howe.

He didn’t get called Krafu / Krafthu / Whatever for nothing 

Edited by LV
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yeah I get that, and I've heard others say similar. I just think for one reason or another people are weirdly misremembering how good he was for us (during that specific period).

We're absolutely fucked if Trips is injured and we have to turn to Emil Krafth in the Champions League.

Agreed - reading people saying “we’re not the same team as last year” is mental. If we played all last season with Howe in charge instead of just second half then we would have had a very good chance of getting top four then as well. 

he’sa very very good backup option 

He's a decent defender, very limited going forward, which is presumably why we are looking at getting a decent understudy for Trippier, and hopefully selling Krafth and getting some money in.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

We've changed a lot as a team since then too.

We're going to encounter a lot of teams sitting back and I don't know if Krafth has the creativity required to help with that if Trippier is injured

He did play well before his injury though, although from memory I think that was more him being good defensively than offensively

I tell you one thing when Krafth did play at right back he got to the byline a fair few times and stuck a cracking ball in. Maxis miss against man utd springs to mind. 

Has anyone got any clips of him being shocking in the latter half of that season?

He was a hell of an athlete, getting up and down the right hand side, during that run. Including some surprisingly good offensive work as he grew in confidence.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I tell you one thing when Krafth did play at right back he got to the byline a fair few times and stuck a cracking ball in. Maxis miss against man utd springs to mind. 

I think his main issue was carrying the ball, he never looked that comfortable in possession.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

He was a good backup for Trippier -- quick, strong, and positionally very disciplined. 

Look up the goal Rashford scored against us and call Krafth quick again. :hmm:

3 hours ago, Pata said:

Look up the goal Rashford scored against us and call Krafth quick again. :hmm:

Krafth get's megged by Rashford (one of the fastest players in the league) and catches up to him, and then Rashford cuts in and scores near post. Use a better example, man :lol: 

4 hours ago, 80 said:

Has anyone got any clips of him being shocking in the latter half of that season?

He was a hell of an athlete, getting up and down the right hand side, during that run. Including some surprisingly good offensive work as he grew in confidence.

Yes.

Arsenals first goal here was really bad defending- 

He had a nightmare that whole match. 

Brighton- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFXugeW0wj0&feature=onebo

1m 30 in gets caught on the wrong side which gave away the corner for the goal

Liverpool- 2m 10 here. Diaz was giving him a complete run around most of that second half. Iirc Eddie hooked him with 10 to go.

Man City- loses Rodri in the air for their third goal. Got hooked after 65 mins after having a really poor game.

So after only looking back to games after mid November. We only played 4 teams in the top 7. In each of those 4 games he looked out of his depth.

I know he’s a very likeable guy but with less preparation time for each game next season. And us playing more quality opposition I will really worry if Trippier is out for a while.

If an offer came in to take him off our hands for free to free up £3M a year in wages I think we’d accept it. He’ll be 29 years old at the start of the season coming back from a potentially career ending injury. 

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

Eddie mentioned in his interview that he won't be back in full training during pre-season

Yeah, I saw that, worried for the lad.  I hope it's more Eddie being ultra-cautious.  I can see why we have been linked with right backs now.  I just assumed that he would be fit.