League Cup 2nd Round - Newcastle unsurprisingly knocked out by Leicester

We were better than I thought we'd be, especially when I saw their team. The tackle on Ritchie was awful, looked a red although I haven't seen it back. Atsu and Muto both did well physically against their defenders which was a surprise. Longstaff junior started well but faded badly, he was knackered by the end but we'd used all our subs. Willems is a total maverick, I can see him becoming a bit of a cult hero. Some nice bits of skill tonight, an awful dive and then finally injuring himself tripping over the ball. If all the injuries from Sunday are legit then this goes down as a good effort in the circumstances, however we all know the likes of Joelinton and Almiron are just hanging back for Saturday. Obviously our cup record under Ashley is a joke and this is another one for the list but in isolation, this wasn't a surrender and it was streets ahead of the Watford game in January. Though we went on to beat Man City a few days after that so the end justified the means. Let's see what Saturday brings.

Those Hayden and Shelvey penalties were so garbage

It baffles me how players at their level are so shit at such a simple task. Neither of them had any power in their shots nevermind placement. And yet these two are in our first 5 penalty takers! We're a total shambles.

So since 2006-07 our cup record is

FA Cup                          League cup

07/08                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 3

08/09                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 3

09/10                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 3

10/11                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 4

11/12                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 4

12/13                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 3

13/14                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 4

14/15                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 5

15/16                          Rnd 3                              Rnd 3

16/17                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 5

17/18                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 2

18/19                          Rnd 4                              Rnd 2

19/20                                                                Rnd 2

Absolutely fucking pathetic for a premier league team that so in 13 years we have won a grand total of 17 cup games and have failed to get past the first game in either the FA cup or League cup on 12 occasions

We have not been past round 4 of the FA Cup post Ashley

Theres teams in league 2 and the national league that can boast a better record than that

Well done mike i mean what even is the point in us entering this shit year in year out

None. Sports Direct advertising revenues from these games are minimal.

I wonder how many clubs who’ve knocked us out in one of the first two rounds have made it to the last 4? Watford last season is one....probably trying to make a point at having several missed opportunities and them being the only example. Spurs in the League Cup in the 1/4s obviously.

Penalties against Hull was the frustrating one especially after taking the lead vs 10 men.

A Sels error iirc

Aye, probably the most angry I've been during one of our games. Pretty sure he deleted his twitter after that game too, the useless cunt.