Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle United - 19/10/19 - post match from pg5 (five)

Disco

I feel exactly the same. I switched the game on, watched the first 20 minutes and just wasn't interested. In fact I wanted Chelsea to score.  I'm 75 and used to get excited in the build up to the game but Ashley/Bruce have destroyed it all. Even this forum feels like it's dying, hardly any posts now, so bloody sad.

Emotionless yesterday.

Sorry to hear this man, I know you kept it up longer than most.

Appreciate that man, really do. You recall the instagram posts - the NUFC mug before match day in the office, the post match "3 pt saturday" or "3 pt sunday" elation etc. It's all been drained away from me.

The Longstaff stuff had me temporarily excited but overall I really can't be bothered. I won't until MA is gone.

Emotionless yesterday.

Sorry to hear this man, I know you kept it up longer than most.

Appreciate that man, really do. You recall the instagram posts - the NUFC mug before match day in the office, the post match "3 pt saturday" or "3 pt sunday" elation etc. It's all been drained away from me.

The Longstaff stuff had me temporarily excited but overall I really can't be bothered. I won't until MA is gone.

Of course, I guess most people have reached this point now. It’s still hard for me every time someone asks me who we’re playing and I have to explain what’s going on. A chelsea fan told me this game was even happening FFS.

Sadly I can’t see any way back in the foreseeable future, I think it’s better for us to get used to doing something else.

It’s not really hard to believe. I’ve switched off all the NUFC scores and notifications, I don’t check the PL fixtures each week, I don’t have Sky.

It’s really only a percentage of people who care about this stuff at all, we’ve just been used to being part of it.

It’s not really hard to believe. I’ve switched off all the NUFC scores and notifications, I don’t check the PL fixtures each week, I don’t have Sky.

It’s really only a percentage of people who care about this stuff at all, we’ve just been used to being part of it.

The wife asked me today what our next fixture was.  I honestly didn't know.  Me and the wife were season ticket holders until this season, when we "chucked" them in.  Sad really.

I watched the first half , sort of, then switched to Final Score, goal went in and took no interest after that.

I will always want to watch /listen out for them, I dont know how you can just switch off from that, I dont believe a lot of the stuff on this thread that folk didnt even know we were playing ffs just be honest man you did know  :lol: why try and kid folk.

Theres no shame in checking the score or watching the game .

I watched the first half , sort of, then switched to Final Score, goal went in and took no interest after that.

I will always want to watch /listen out for them, I dont know how you can just switch off from that, I dont believe a lot of the stuff on this thread that folk didnt even know we were playing ffs just be honest man you did know  :lol: why try and kid folk.

But I actually didn't know till the day before. Obviously some will take it to the nth degree but I think a lot of people are almost completely detached.

If I didn't come on here (which is noticeably less than before) I honestly wouldn't have a clue about anything nufc related.

Some are still emotionally involved and good for them, I wish we could all be proud of the club again because I think we all understand that NUFC could be something special in the right hands.

But I actually didn't know till the day before. Obviously some will take it to the nth degree but I think a lot of people are almost completely detached.

If I didn't come on here (which is noticeably less than before) I honestly wouldn't have a clue about anything nufc related.

Some are still emotionally involved and good for them, I wish we could all be proud of the club again because I think we all understand that NUFC could be something special in the right hands.

Fair enough, but it’s Saturday , the weekend , when most matches are played man.  :lol:

Anyhoo, as people have said it all means fuck all every season now.i care but it’s out of habit.

Very narrow view.

Like I said, obviously I knew in theory that NUFC were playing this weekend, but I didn't know when and against who. A Chelsea fan I play football with told me on Saturday morning.

I still don't know what the next game is and I don't intend to check.

Very narrow view.

Like I said, obviously I knew in theory that NUFC were playing this weekend, but I didn't know when and against who. A Chelsea fan I play football with told me on Saturday morning.

I still don't know what the next game is and I don't intend to check.

You have your own feelings on it, fair do, I’m not at or ever think I will ever be at the stage when I don’t even know who we are playing, I’m not at the point where I want them to lose, I have differing opinion to most on here about that.....however I do understand that it may be the only way to rid us of FCB , I just can’t bring myself to wanting us to lose.

It’s all very sad.