Manchester Utd 4-1 Newcastle Utd

samptime29

Wonder if bruce will muse in his postmatch that perhaps he stuck with Rafa's system a little too long.

He can't. He's using his system today.

Not up top he's not, gone with Gayle and Joelinton with Almiron in behind them.

That's his Hull formation.

Ah sorry misread  :thup:

While a good system helps, doesn't matter what you use if you're going to chuck to pathetic goals in mind.

Mistakes kill the confidence of marginally talented teams like Newcastle. The performance level of every single player has dropped after the errors from Dubravka and Schar. I do not believe there is one particular tactical issue that is the root cause.

True, same reason Man Utd suddenly looked brilliant.

Wonder if bruce will muse in his postmatch that perhaps he stuck with Rafa's system a little too long.

I call Bruce more than anyone but no manager can compensate for shocking errors like the first two goals. Up to then Man Utd had not done anything and we were controlling the game pretty well

They were bad errors aye I was just thinking about how he's going to try and spin the overall performance.

Mistakes kill the confidence of marginally talented teams like Newcastle. The performance level of every single player has dropped after the errors from Dubravka and Schar. I do not believe there is one particular tactical issue that is the root cause.

The Schar error happened because we were forced back into our third with the ball.  That happened because we don't have a clear system for possession or outlet.  That's the system.

Then we are being overrun in midfield and out wide.  That's the system.

We've gifted them two. They aren't even having to play well to open us up, we're absolutely all over the shop. I love Schar, but he's having an absolute nightmare.

He's had the occasional rick in him since he joined. But he was brought here to be half defender-half playmaker in a team which could actually construct meaningful plays from the back. Under Bruce he's just a defender whose backs are to the wall all the time. Stuff like this is why you see players regress rather than improve under shite managers who don't believe in tactics.

Issue is the midfield, absolutely nothing there.

All on Bruce.

Many people will have been happy to see the two Longstaff’s in the team. The fact they’ve not been good enough here is not Bruce’s fault ffs. Always convenient blaming Bruce, often not smart.

Nah, it is both that and the formation.

Guest godzilla

I call Bruce more than anyone but no manager can compensate for shocking errors like the first two goals. Up to then Man Utd had not done anything and we were controlling the game pretty well

They were bad errors aye I was just thinking about how he's going to try and spin the overall performance.

What can he do with mistakes like that. Let’s see second half if he can get them motivated again as after the second goal they were all over the place.

Guest neesy111

The lack of possession after their 1st was absolutely lower league stuff.  No wonder why they tried to play out of the back when they see the ball coming back at them.

Issue is the midfield, absolutely nothing there.

All on Bruce.

Many people will have been happy to see the two Longstaff’s in the team. The fact they’ve not been good enough here is not Bruce’s fault ffs. Always convenient blaming Bruce, often not smart.

Considering neither have played well since the last time we played them of course it's his fault. System is awful, too.