Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle United

samptime29

Guest neesy111

Urgh!  Same front 3 for nearly all season but most of the time they look like they've just met each other.

I think ASM is not easy to work with, he tends to play for himself mostly.

In a coherent attack, he's not the attacker you would want.  For a team that is useless in attacking, he's the best we can hope for.

Urgh!  Same front 3 for nearly all season but most of the time they look like they've just met each other.

In a coherent attack, he's not the attacker you would want.  For a team that is useless in attacking, he's the best we can hope for.

Yeah you are probably right. It was just frustrating to see him fanny about on the ball when Lazaro was overlapping in the penalty incident.

We have arguably been the better team.

Arsenal’s best chances have been on the counter attack. Lazaro has been good going forward, but towards the end he started being slow getting back.

We had a 10 minute spell where we’re just hitting the ball out of the box instead of passing our way out of trouble, and that led to Arsenal just coming back at us. It looks like we corrected it a bit towards the end of the first half though.

ASM has been great on the attack, but is slow to get back, compare that to Almirón who is getting back to the edge of our D pretty quickly.

Bruce can't coach tactics.  There is much more ability in our starting 11 compared to last year, yet the attacking play is worse.

I agree. With a decent manager really think this team could look exponentially better and more coherent.

ASM and Almiron play with no discipline whatsoever. It's crazy that at this level they just pick up the ball anywhere and start running forward with their heads down without any regard for where their team mates are whatsoever.

We dont have a central midfielder willing to get ina scoring position. Its Joelinton or someone from wide right or ASM on his own.

Happy with the wing backs, now need 2 centre mids possibly even more than a striker.

We dont have a central midfielder willing to get ina scoring position. Its Joelinton or someone from wide right or ASM on his own.

Happy with the wing backs, now need 2 centre mids possibly even more than a striker.

Exactly. It’s our CM’s who let us down a lot. They just don’t offer enough support.

We don’t half need a proper centre forward. Joelinton’s natural instinct is to drop off and wide, he should have been busting  a gut to get up with ASM, may not have got there but he didn’t even get near the 18 yard line.

Lazaro looks decent.

Worrying watching him try to defend.  Doesn't look like a natural wing back.

He looks pretty good defensively to me. Much better than Yedlin that's for sure.

He has won every ball when he’s been in the WB position, it’s when he has been caught out still up in attack when we have had problems on that side.