Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle United

samptime29

Team looks technical enough to me to play decent football...

Apart from the centre backs. There again, if they just passed short instead of hoofing it wouldn't be an issue.

One of the main reasons why Rafa's 3-5-2/3-2-2-2-1 worked in possession was because there were two centre-backs on either side of the pitch who could generate attacks, or at least offer a useful option for the midfielders. Complement that set-up at the other end of the pitch with: a centre-forward who can hold up the ball, an attacker who can dribble and run the channels, and an attacker with infinite stamina who is consistently creating space - and you're pretty much onto a winner. Literally all of that is gone now. We should have kept all of that, added a CM and improved the wing-backs.

From what I've seen, very little about the set-up we have now is effective. We're basically a one-man team, ASM's dangerous and that's it.

Guest godzilla

With the results the last couple of weeks and with West Ham going to Man City midweek, this games a bit of a free hit. Get a win (I know) and you’re looking at relative safely already. Roll on the 3 - 0 defeat then

Team looks technical enough to me to play decent football...

Apart from the centre backs. There again, if they just passed short instead of hoofing it wouldn't be an issue.

One of the main reasons why Rafa's 3-5-2/3-2-2-2-1 worked in possession was because there were two centre-backs on either side of the pitch who could generate attacks, or at least offer a useful option for the midfielders. Complement that set-up at the other end of the pitch with: a centre-forward who can hold up the ball, an attacker who can dribble and run the channels, and an attacker with infinite stamina who is consistently creating space - and you're pretty much onto a winner. Literally all of that is gone now. We should have kept all of that, added a CM and improved the wing-backs.

From what I've seen, very little about the set-up we have now is effective. We're basically a one-man team, ASM's dangerous and that's it.

We've got the wind today as well.