Newcastle Utd V Sheffield Utd - 21/06/2020 @ 2pm BST (Live on Sky/beoutQ)

samptime29

Dub

Yedlin Lascelles Fede Rose

Shelvey Bentaleb

Ritchie    Miggy      ASM

Jo

F'ng Ritchie man.

You SERIOUSLY think Rose will play again this season? :crazy2:

Have you seen the size of him?  ;D

Trail of chips up the wing?

When Sheff Utd beat us, you can see his excuse. They played a game before we did, and they were already match fit and had an advantage.

I can see the fat mess saying it already.

Well, you know it's going to be true. I would have fancied them to be better prepared anyway, with an extra game under their belt, I'm not even sure we'll be anywhere near them on the pitch. Ironically our best bet would be if we don't attack like he's supposedly planning, and just park the bus and hope for a fluke goal from somewhere. That will mean fitness will be less of a factor, and is also his usual game plan anyway, so works on two fronts.

Aiming for a 5th consecutive home clean sheet in a row. Would take a snide 1-0 like.

I had to look that up as it seems ages ago!

Chelsea 1-0 (how!)

Oxford 0-0

Norwich 0-0 (how!)

Burnley 0-0

"Front foot, attacking football"  :lol:

Aiming for a 5th consecutive home clean sheet in a row. Would take a snide 1-0 like.

Chelsea 1-0 (how!)

Oxford 0-0

Norwich 0-0 (how!)

Burnley 0-0

The Chelsea goal was a last minute smash and grab goal aswell  :lol: :lol:

We've defended pretty well at home tbf, but the attacking has been woeful like.

Chelsea 1-0 (how!)

Oxford 0-0

Norwich 0-0 (how!)

Burnley 0-0

The Chelsea goal was a last minute smash and grab goal aswell  :lol: :lol:

We've defended pretty well at home tbf, but the attacking has been woeful like.

I legitimatly cannot remember us beating Chelsea at all :lol:

Guest Butcher

Think it’s a safe bet we’ll pick up the most injuries of any team in the first couple of weeks back.

Based on what, other than agenda?

Think it’s a safe bet we’ll pick up the most injuries of any team in the first couple of weeks back.

Based on the fact that even before having 3 months off due to Covid, Monsieur Bruce’s record of knacking players was pretty shit. I can’t imagine he gave the players a science-backed fitness plan to follow during lockdown and I can’t imagine he’ll have employed much subtlety in trying to get them match fit again.

Guest Butcher

Based on the fact that even before having 3 months off due to Covid, Monsieur Bruce’s record of knacking players was pretty s***. I can’t imagine he gave the players a science-backed fitness plan to follow during lockdown and I can’t imagine he’ll have employed much subtlety in trying to get them match fit again.

You think the manager handles the players fitness programmes and monitor their match fitness all by himself?

Guest Butcher

No idea relly, but I do know there’s a medical team in place to tell him if players are fit to play or not.

Rafa seemed to have a good idea of when to play players and not run them into the ground. We certainly didn't lose 4 players before 50 mins in a game under Rafa

It's the same medical team I think?

Guest Butcher

Exactly.

A manager should be absolutely involved in the issue of player fitness ffs. To disavow this fat c*** of any responsibility in regard to player fitness is ridiculous.

Who’s saying that?

Exactly.

A manager should be absolutely involved in the issue of player fitness ffs. To disavow this fat c*** of any responsibility in regard to player fitness is ridiculous.

Who’s saying that?

Well what are you saying exactly? You seem to be implying that a manager doesn't have his own input on whether to risk a player, but I would reckon Rafa is a lot more cautious than Bruce based on what we've seen in the last few seasons.

Guest Butcher

All I said is that he’s got medical team in place to help him with fitness and injuries. Have I once stated that he is blameless? No.