Newcastle Utd V Sheffield Utd - 21/06/2020 @ 2pm BST (Live on Sky/beoutQ)

samptime29

Turns out we've scored only 1 goal at SJP in 2020, which was in the 94th minute v Chelsea. Rancid stuff.

Add a goalless draw against Oxford United to the shit list as well.

Turns out we've scored only 1 goal at SJP in 2020, which was in the 94th minute v Chelsea. Rancid stuff.

Those free half season tickets paid for themselves

Those free season ticket holders would have been given a Sky Sports pass and will be able to see not only all of our games, but everyone else’s for free as well.

Imagine the shit we’re going to hear from Bruce on the sideline tomorrow.  :lol: Not sure whether to listen with crowd noises on to avoid having to hear him shout ‘kick it’ ‘kick him’ and ‘somebody say just eat?’

With so many games being 0-0 at half time, and with Sheffield United already having a game under their belts, it's not hard to see the Blades getting a good start. I'm fully expecting to be 0-2 after 10 minutes, but probably followed by 80 minutes of low-quality grit with a late, bundled-in consolation goal. Thus Bruce gets a respectable loss and on to the next shit show...

Honestly didn’t see lots to be worried about when they played Villa the other night. They could well be tired after that too (Arsenal were against Brighton..)

No way of knowing what sort of team we’ll be until the match starts but we’re capable of beating better teams than them when things click.

Being wildly optimistic I’m going to go with us going 2-0 up and then giving a goal away with 10 minutes to go, falling to pieces but somehow holding on in true Steve Bruce jammy luck style

2-1

When we played them away they were nothing special at all, that’s without even taking into account how our 2nd goal came about.

In fact whenever I have seen them, they have never looked more than average.

The big fear is if their game against Villa will result in them having slightly better match fitness, and I think that’s a big fear for us when we play Villa on Wednesday as well.

I hope this break in play has ruined Sheffield’s momentum, and we can walk away with a result against them as they start to free fall.

Guest Carrick18

Rafa seemed to have a good idea of when to play players and not run them into the ground. We certainly didn't lose 4 players before 50 mins in a game under Rafa

It's the same medical team I think?

As I understood it Rafa had a digital system that tracked the chance of injury and adjusted training accordingly.

By contrast, Bruce is known to do a lot of running and a lot of mini-games.

Since the restart, 6 goals from a total of 17 have been scored in the final 10 minutes plus stoppage time.  Redmond's goal yesterday was scored in the 79th minute as well.

I hope we use our subs wisely to ensure we're fresh enough to avoid switching off and conceding in the final 10 minutes.

I had one of the other games on the other night on pick freeview channel 11. I'm wondering is there another option or HD for pick, because the image quality was pretty poor?

Sky deliberately lower the quality of non-HD channels because it encourages people to sign up to the HD package. Football on their non-HD channels is pretty much unwatchable.

My head says we’ll be an absolute shambles today. I just don’t expect us to turn out like an organised unit and given how little we have the ball I think this restart will hit us worse than almost every other club from a fitness side of things.

That said we have a habit of getting wins when we shouldn’t somehow even when it isn’t deserved.

1-0

Carroll