Newcastle Utd V Sheffield Utd - 21/06/2020 @ 2pm BST (Live on Sky/beoutQ)

samptime29

I had one of the other games on the other night on pick freeview channel 11. I'm wondering is there another option or HD for pick, because the image quality was pretty poor?

Sky deliberately lower the quality of non-HD channels because it encourages people to sign up to the HD package. Football on their non-HD channels is pretty much unwatchable.

Is this really a thing that happens? I've suspected it myself but just brushed it off, thinking that i was daft.

Guest chopey

BTTS, Newcastle win, over 21.5 free kicks, a red card in the match 66/1

The same bet with a Sheffield win is 40/1.

I had one of the other games on the other night on pick freeview channel 11. I'm wondering is there another option or HD for pick, because the image quality was pretty poor?

Sky deliberately lower the quality of non-HD channels because it encourages people to sign up to the HD package. Football on their non-HD channels is pretty much unwatchable.

Is this really a thing that happens? I've suspected it myself but just brushed it off, thinking that i was daft.

It makes sense tbh, I can remember when I first got an HD television you had to look quite closely to tell the difference, although it was obviously there. But now there is no comparison, the analogue pictures are barely watchable.

Aye, without a doubt. I had Virgin Media and they had all channels in HD apart from Sky Sports. The Sky Sports SD was pretty good on VM, and I had no problems.

I would go to other people’s who had Sky and only used the SD channels, it was awful.

I have Sky now because you can’t get VM where I live now, and even MOTD on BBC is unwatchable on the SD version.

If you search online theirs loads of people saying the same on forums.

Guest neesy111

I can't really tell the difference between HD and UHD

You will when Sky start charging you more UHD.

They already do.

Guest neesy111

Aye, without a doubt. I had Virgin Media and they had all channels in HD apart from Sky Sports. The Sky Sports SD was pretty good on VM, and I had no problems.

I would go to other people’s who had Sky and only used the SD channels, it was awful.

I have Sky now because you can’t get VM where I live now, and even MOTD on BBC is unwatchable on the SD version.

If you search online theirs loads of people saying the same of forums.

Virgin was broadcast  in 1080p Vs 1080i for sky.

Guest chopey

I'm definitely on hamstring watch, Bruce will have all of ours nice and tight, roast beef Sunday lunch a hour before kickoff to build their strength up sort them right out.

I refuse to pay football any attention until this takeover is sorted so I can either start to enjoy football again or sack it off entirely.

This match just feels like 2 hours of purgatory whilst you wait to see if you're being moved up or down. Just gonna go for a bike ride instead and check the score when I get in.

Can anybody help me figure out how to watch this for free? I don’t have Sky, and looks like I’ll still have to pay for a NowTV day pass.

Freeview channel 11

Thank you. I feel such a fool!—The Telegraph stated “Pick is 159 on Sky and 144 on Freeview,” and I have neither.  :thup: