Players wages

jackyboy

Our own club’s non-first team staff have all had their pay reduced to 80%/£2500 yet all th players and Bruce are getting their full millions.

Definitely something not right there!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ashley "stepping in" to pay the wages

Doesn’t look great after the club were happy to take money off fans last week to then go and immediately furlough all staff the week after. Wouldn’t expect anything less from this regime however.

Wonder if Charney will be furloughed. He isn't first team.

Wish he was just straight up sacked tbh. It’s the first thing I’d do as new owners, and take great pleasure in doing it.

Guest chopey

Our own club’s non-first team staff have all had their pay reduced to 80%/£2500 yet all th players and Bruce are getting their full millions.

We are rotten to the f***ing core. Players should be taking the hit and cutting wages to pay the staff themselves.

Exactly, I'd bet the number of staff on our books is far lower than similar PL clubs as well.

Very surprised indeed Lascelles hasn't led the charge, but then again he seems to have gone to shit under Bruce on and off the pitch a bit.

Good to see Brucey also taking the lead, he's a local lad that loves the club don't you know.

The players need to step in here, this shocking I bet we only have about 50 staff.

We are rotten to the f***ing core. Players should be taking the hit and cutting wages to pay the staff themselves.

Exactly, I'd bet the number of staff on our books is far lower than similar PL clubs as well.

Very surprised indeed Lascelles hasn't led the charge, but then again he seems to have gone to s*** under Bruce on and off the pitch a bit.

Good to see Brucey also taking the lead, he's a local lad that loves the club don't you know.

The players need to step in here, this shocking I bet we only have about 50 staff.

Rafa would have had it all sorted by now. Typical of Bruce that he's not even smart enough to get himself some good pr at a time like this. Cunts probably ringing every kebab shop in the yellow pages making sure he's got plenty of options.

We are rotten to the fucking core. Players should be taking the hit and cutting wages to pay the staff themselves.

Pretty damning that Barcelona's players have done just that, but I guess that's what being a genuine football club is about. They are all in it together.

We are rotten to the fucking core. Players should be taking the hit and cutting wages to pay the staff themselves.

Pretty damning that Barcelona's players have done just that, but I guess that's what being a genuine football club is about. They are all in it together.

mad that messi called the board out again said they were blackmailing them or whatever, has he signed that new contract yet?  wild if he fucks off to teach them a lesson :lol:

Doesn’t look great after the club were happy to take money off fans last week to then go and immediately furlough all staff the week after. Wouldn’t expect anything less from this regime however.

Wonder if Charney will be furloughed. He isn't first team.

None of the 'senior management team' are being furloughed.

surprised the pfa haven't come out and offered some kind of wage deferral for easy pr, even pem clubs will suffer without any income for 2-3 months something will have to be cut somewhere and you'd think if the players agreed to defer even half their wages until things are semi normal again a lot of lower paid jobs could be saved

Norwich and Bournemouth are covering the 20% loss in their non-playing staff's wages whereas us and Spurs aren't - Ashley and Levy - wankers!

I genuinely think it's disgusting that not one of ours or Spurs' players have came out to offer help to the non-playing staff who are losing wages. Surely they realise it would be a brilliant thing to do in this shit time? We keep hearing how our lot have a Whatsapp chat for all of the players and the banter is brilliant............it probably hasn't even been mentioned by any of them.

Shelvey is on 80k a week here and Spurs have six players earning over six figures per week with Kane the highest on 200K.

Norwich and Bournemouth are covering the 20% loss in their non-playing staff's wages whereas us and Spurs aren't - Ashley and Levy - w*****s!

I genuinely think it's disgusting that not one of ours or Spurs' players have came out to offer help to the non-playing staff who are losing wages. Surely they realise it would be a brilliant thing to do in this s*** time? We keep hearing how our lot have a Whatsapp chat for all of the players and the banter is brilliant............it probably hasn't even been mentioned by any of them.

Shelvey is on 80k a week here and Spurs have six players earning over six figures per week with Kane the highest on 200K.

Disagree completely.

Why should the other employees take the burden when the equity holder is a billionaire and makes all the decisions regarding the club?

Why is football the only industry where we have this attitude? Footballers are employees and are pair so highly because they generate massive revenue. We don’t hear hedge fund managers being asked to pay for the clearers wages do we?

The usually political points scoring from Khan and the Tories.

Post the apocalypse, when the world stands smouldering and humanity verges on extinction, there'll still be people going "why should the players be taking wage cuts, this isn't their fault!"

Norwich and Bournemouth are covering the 20% loss in their non-playing staff's wages whereas us and Spurs aren't - Ashley and Levy - w*****s!

I genuinely think it's disgusting that not one of ours or Spurs' players have came out to offer help to the non-playing staff who are losing wages. Surely they realise it would be a brilliant thing to do in this s*** time? We keep hearing how our lot have a Whatsapp chat for all of the players and the banter is brilliant............it probably hasn't even been mentioned by any of them.

Disagree completely.

Why should the other employees take the burden when the equity holder is a billionaire and makes all the decisions regarding the club?

Why is football the only industry where we have this attitude? Footballers are employees and are pair so highly because they generate massive revenue. We don’t hear hedge fund managers being asked to pay for the clearers wages do we?

The usually political points scoring from Khan and the Tories.

I'd imagine all of the players will see some of these staff whenever they're at training / on a match day so will know them. I agree Ashley is obviously the wanker once again here but if I was a player then I'd be rallying to every other player to cover the lost wages for the non-paying staff personally. It's the decent thing to do especially when some are taking home over a quarter of a million pound per month.