Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Alarming they don't have the money to buy it. Think it'll be a good to be rid of Ashley but not the answer long term and have to hope they don't hang on to it as badly.

I don’t think that there is any indication yet.

I still think this is just the proof of funds stage.

Guest chopey

Alarming they don't have the money to buy it. Think it'll be a good to be rid of Ashley but not the answer long term and have to hope they don't hang on to it as badly.

I hope its some elaborate scheme to fuck him over

So Is it fair to say this isn’t going to be a “Man City”, type take over? Ie unlimited funds world class signings billions pumped in to the club and surrounding area?

Doubtful. If it got Rafa back and we grew organically I’d be more than happy.

So Is it fair to say this isn’t going to be a “Man City”, type take over? Ie unlimited funds world class signings billions pumped in to the club and surrounding area?

Doubtful. If it got Rafa back and we grew organically I’d be more than happy.

That’s my ideal scenario

Guest Howaythetoon

Money being ‘loaned’ in this way is quite common, its just an extra way of making sure certain things are covered financially for the deal to go through as it involves others and other money, he’ll get it back almost instantly on 100% completion.

Money being ‘loaned’ in this way is quite common, its just an extra way of making sure certain things are covered financially for the deal to go through as it involves others and other money, he’ll get it back almost instantly on 100% completion.

Is it like some sort of guarantee that he's not going to back track at the 11th hour?

Guest godzilla

That Simon Chadwick is definitely briefing on Twitter that the Saudi involvement will be limited.

So he's changed his mind from no involvement then  :D :D Nobody knows anything about what involvement they will have, but I'm sure it will at some point.

I hate the idea that Bruce will look like some sort of martyr by the happy clappers if the new owners get rid of him from day one.

People will have forgotten about him within a few months if the takeover happens and he gets rightly punted. He'll crawl back to another mid table Championship job where he belongs and that will be that.

The Reubens and PIF have the kind of money to transform the club and the city. Could potentially create a plethora of jobs and really change the landscape of the region.

Carried away already!!

Guest The Little Waster

I hate the idea that Bruce will look like some sort of martyr by the happy clappers if the new owners get rid of him from day one.

People will have forgotten about him within a few minutes if the takeover happens and he gets rightly punted. He'll crawl back to another mid table Championship job where he belongs and that will be that.

?

Guest chopey

Is there a mid table Championship club Bruce hasnt been to ? I think he'll go the way of most managers that leave Newcastle and just retire.

People will have forgotten about him within a few months if the takeover happens and he gets rightly punted. He'll crawl back to another mid table Championship job where he belongs and that will be that.

There’s a weird cult on Twitter who seem to think he’s doing a better job than Benitez, playing better football and that they wouldn’t have him back. It’s fucking crazy.