Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Who uses the term "ass hats"?

Anyway, what point have you been trying to make which people are slagging you off for?

Not sure he's saying he has been slagged off mind.  I kind of agree, there's been a few on here mention something they've heard, been slated and basically branded as Odin mkII :lol:

I don't get it, if someone says something, take it with a pinch of salt, even if they're right, it means nowt until it's announced officially anyway.

It's "the regulars" (not Theregulars[/member] btw :lol:) getting slagged off though. I've not seen anything from "new members" where they're slagged off for anything?

Fair enough I didn't pay much attention to the 'cool club' bit  :lol: I was thinking about things like SP yesterday just mentioning he had a message from caulkin/waugh as he'd asked them something and seemed to get slated, it's not like what he said was unbelievable either.  Someone else mentioned something about barclays and got slated, i mean, if you don't believe it just ignore it rather than getting wound up and having a go :lol:

Like i say i just don't get people allowing themselves to get so wound up over someone mentioning something that they need to give them loads of grief, which is what I thought IJ was getting at.

👍

Not to get into it again SP as I have nowt against you but my only frustration was that you claimed that you knew something as 'a fact'. That phrasing to me suggested you had contact with the PL.

Fair enough... that was bad wording. But it was a "fact" as far as our most trusted journalists are concerned.  O0

I'm just a bit gutted that I might get lumped in with the rest of these 'new members', I've been around on here for years... albeit this isn't my original login profile.

Does it matter if you are a new member or not?  Haven't noticed any attitude towards new members, albeit that might change if the forum will get flooded with new members if the club becomes successful.  But that is to be expected, change will always rattle people (me included).

Guest The Little Waster

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Its a clique i tell ya , a clique !

Just bought an Athletic subscription in anticipation of all the articles coming out about us. f*** it, I’m all in now.

I did the same  :lol:

Me three.

Me four! Every article I've read so far has been high quality.

Also I have a few 30 day free trial links if anyone wants one, just send me a PM.

craigmadge[/member] Just tried to send you a link but it won't send as it says you've blocked communications. Not sure what that's about.

I managed to nab a free 90 day trial a couple of weeks ago via the podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I paid £35.99 for a year's subscription as I found a promo code on Reddit. No complaints so far!

I don't think there is a 'clique' on here, what we do have is a group of very regular posters who tend to 'listen to' eachother and 'quote' eachother, and that seems fine, as they are the ones who have 'put the work in on here' and kept this forum going for years.

I have been on here for many years, but I don't post too often, so consequently I don't get "quoted or re-quoted" all that often either . . but I think that is ok.

We have some very good regular posters on here, who I enjoy reading !!

Guest chopey

Just bought an Athletic subscription in anticipation of all the articles coming out about us. f*** it, I’m all in now.

Me three.

Also I have a few 30 day free trial links if anyone wants one, just send me a PM.

craigmadge[/member] Just tried to send you a link but it won't send as it says you've blocked communications. Not sure what that's about.

How do you guys read these articles ? I can't read stuff like this comfortably on my phone, do you use tablets ?

I'm just a bit gutted that I might get lumped in with the rest of these 'new members', I've been around on here for years... albeit this isn't my original login profile.

Does it matter if you are a new member or not?  Haven't noticed any attitude towards new members, albeit that might change if the forum will get flooded with new members if the club becomes successful.  But that is to be expected, change will always rattle people (me included).

I suppose I implied that "new members" (or one new member) were/was thin skinned. Apologies. This place gets like this every transfer window and every takeover saga. With any luck this is the last week we'll have any of that crap.

I don't think there is a 'clique' on here, what we do have is a group of very regular posters who tend to 'listen to' eachother and 'quote' eachother, and that seems fine, as they are the ones who have 'put the work in on here' and kept this forum going for years.

I have been on here for many years, but I don't post too often, so consequently I don't get "quoted or re-quoted" all that often either . . but I think that is ok.

:thup:

I believe a lot of the regulars also know each other personally.  It's hardly something to get wound up over.

A lot of stuff has been frustration, as fan base we've been torn as to whether we follow the team, watch from afar or walk away altogether because of the fat turd. God forbid a decision a parent has to make about taking their young un's to the football, to get them into it.

It's been a reflection of that divide on here imo, hopefully that should change imminently. 

Me three.

How do you guys read these articles ? I can't read stuff like this comfortably on my phone, do you use tablets ?

Phone is fine for me, either that or PC.

I use their android app and have had no problems.

I tend to agree with this I have certainly taken more out of this forum in terms of the content than contributing. Part of that is my dyslexia and lack of confidence to air my views, while micky taking and people reading things out of context and having rants (which I believe is normal in most forums on set topics) I certainly feel welcome.

The regular posters are big personalities and I have been here long enough to see many come and go and yet here we are still around as a site which I am really proud to be apart of.

Discussing things at nausea does become a bit tedious and that is partly down to the fact in these 5 weeks or so there has been little in the way of concrete new information. A newer poster who hasnt read the last  100/150 pages may take exception to their point being missed or not given the same weight as others but that may in part be down to the fact its been discussed already.... more than once...... then discussed again.

I used to take what .com said seriously because it seemed like they were often right, but from around 2007-ish onwards when they claimed Deco was signing they've been wrong fairly regularly.

Aye I’ve no examples but defo over last few years they’ve put up what they ‘understand’ and it’s been wrong.

My worry is that all the noise is just the buyers trying to put a bit of pressure on the premier league.

Putting pressure on the premier league by getting an NUFC fan site to post it?

If it’s something, I don’t think it’s that.

Fan site, journalists etc.  There is a lot of noise that some thing will happen all from them.

Edit: Two weeks ago there was noise that it would happen then a delay.  Again it sounds like they are there but still waiting. They talk to the premier league daily I guess.  They’re probably getting informally it is almost there response for a while and this could just be a non confrontational way to put a bit more pressure to actually sign off. Before escalating and coming out with more frustrated noises.

When the other side holds all the power you have to play nice.

Apologies for quoting myself.  Just been thinking more.  I'm still questioning why the buyers have leaked that they expect the checks to be complete this week.  I can only think of two reasons:

1. They want to add pressure.

2. They know it is going to be approved and want to give some love to the press/fanzines.  Keep them on side by feeling warm and fuzzy.

If it is 1.  Then it either works or it does not.  If not I'd expect some more grumbling sounds around wed/thursday.  We are at the end of week 5 in a 4 week process etc.   

If it is 2 we it will be leaked that they are passed by wed/thursday.

I used to take what .com said seriously because it seemed like they were often right, but from around 2007-ish onwards when they claimed Deco was signing they've been wrong fairly regularly.

Well now they rarely, if ever, comment on transfer/takeover speculation other than if stuff is being reported very strongly, so for them to say what they have, indicates they've been told from someone they trust.

Aye I’ve no examples but defo over last few years they’ve put up what they ‘understand’ and it’s been wrong.

Disagree there. Certainly in recent times.

Guest godzilla

They are usually far more right than wrong in my experience over the years. Time will tell, but they have definitely heard something from someone for them to actually go from pouring cold water throughout this takeover (and previous ones), to now saying it will be completed by the weekend. Very rare they say the 'we understand' quote; and always state where it has come from when quoting media sources. 

Not saying it's bollocks or anything, it seems pretty obvious at this point that it's going ahead regardless, just saying that .com is often wrong about the things its been told by the people they trust. 

Not saying it's bollocks or anything, it seems pretty obvious at this point that it's going ahead regardless, just saying that .com is often wrong about the things its been told by the people they trust.

I honestly can't think of any recent examples of this being the case? They just hardly use terms such as "we understand". They very rarely claim to be any kind of ITK these days.

Can't remember much, if anything at all, NUFC.com have stated from their own info that's been wrong in recent times.  Seems like since they lost a lot of their inside info (after Ashley came in) they just haven't made many claims at all. Usually just commenting on reports from other places.

Guest godzilla

Totally disagree with the often mind.

Guest godzilla

Can't remember much NUFC.com have stated from their own info that's been wrong.  Seems like since they lost a lot of their inside info (after Ashley came in) they just haven't made many claims at all. Usually just commenting on reports from other places.

:thup:

Disagree there. Certainly in recent times.

what have they said that’s right in recent terms? Again my memory is shit for examples but I’m sure there was something about a previous takeover and a previous managerial appointment that was both wrong.

Doesn’t really matter in any case. Of course I hope they are right