Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

While I agree she may be being exploited by individuals with an anti-Saudi agenda, at the end if the day she's a grieving widow. Some things in life are more important than our football club, have a bit of perspective man.

At this point she needs to fuck right off

And they say sportswashing doesn't work. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure everyone on here would definitely just give up and walk away if the person who had their future wife dismembered still hadn't faced justice, just so some miscellaneous football fans overseas can have a sugar daddy.

This is it man, it’s happening on WhatsApp’s I’m in too. Like you have to pick a side football fan style in this.

While I agree she may be being exploited by individuals with an anti-Saudi agenda, at the end if the day she's a grieving widow. Some things in life are more important than our football club, have a bit of perspective man.

And further it's not because it's NUFC; she (+minders) would be doing this with any club they'd be taking over. Hard not to internalize it when its one's own club but yeah people have to look past that.

At this point she needs to f*** right off

Truly the pits. Awful post.

Only when she takes it up with Uber, Disney and Facebook then she can have the green light for a go at us. Whole thing stinks of Qatari influence tbqh.

You well versed in Qatari lobbying are you?

Given the fact the Qataris have gone to extreme lengths to block this takeover, is it really so inconceivable to you that they would use the partner of a slain journalist to get what they want?

Guest neesy111

She is being played, but this takeover is completely different to them owning shares in Uber etc.  Those are very small % amounts, publicly listed in which anyone can buy shares and will have no influence over their retrospecitve boards.

Only when she takes it up with Uber, Disney and Facebook can she then have the green light for a go at us. Whole thing stinks of Qatari influence tbqh.

Put down the koolaid, man, howeh. She's done all of that elsewhere. Are you really comfortable with the position you're putting yourself in? Putting it out there that you think a grieving widow has to somehow prove her intentions beyond not wanting her husband's murderer to expand his influence.

And they say sportswashing doesn't work. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure everyone on here would definitely just give up and walk away if the person who had their future wife dismembered still hadn't faced justice, just so some miscellaneous football fans overseas can have a sugar daddy.

Should read the replies to the chronicle tweet, it’s already happened. Loads of “this is boring! Qataris crossing her hands with gold!”

Not surprising at all like, local paper comments sections are possibly worse than Facebook.

Guest reefatoon

Looks like people are going full Tiger King/Carol Baskin over Cengiz

This is where i feel she is being badly advised. Nobody is coming out of it looking good.

Only when she takes it up with Uber, Disney and Facebook then she can have the green light for a go at us. Whole thing stinks of Qatari influence tbqh.

I have to agree with this, it's getting sad and desperate on her part now. It feels, for me, like she's overly focusing on one area of Saudi investment to the point of fanaticism, possibly on behalf of someone else's agenda. Sending repeated requests to the FA isn't on, the first should have been enough for them to consider it.

That said, I guess I'm a bit black and white (if you'll excuse the pun), in that my thinking is while her plight may be upsetting for her, it doesn't concern me. I'm honest enough to admit that and I'd rather have all the pluses of the Saudis buying the Toon and investing in the area than worry about whether a guy whose background nobody knows fully, who may or may not have been killed on a direct order from a national head of state, to which there isn't actually any proven, hard evidence (perhaps for obvious reasons). Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it, does it make me a bad person? I don't think so, maybe in the eyes of some and that's their prerogative. In the mean time, this takeover is being drawn out for no good reason.

I have to agree with this, it's getting sad and desperate on her part now. It feels, for me, like she's overly focusing on one area of Saudi investment to the point of fanaticism, possibly on behalf of someone else's agenda. Sending repeated requests to the FA isn't on, the first should have been enough for them to consider it.

That said, I guess I'm a bit black and white (if you'll excuse the pun), in that my thinking is while her plight may be upsetting for her, it doesn't concern me. I'm honest enough to admit that and I'd rather have all the pluses of the Saudis buying the Toon and investing in the area than worry about whether a guy whose background nobody knows fully, who may or may not have been killed on a direct order from a national head of state, to which there isn't actually any proven, hard evidence (perhaps for obvious reasons). Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it, does it make me a bad person? I don't think so, maybe in the eyes of some and that's their prerogative. In the mean time, this takeover is being drawn out for no good reason.

Agree with all that.

its being drawn out as its a complicated case with many many concerns (including a court case this year from the premier league itself against SA) about who's getting involved and more importantly the planet is in the middle of a pandemic and the premier league is doing the equivalent of trying to herd cats by trying to get the twenty clubs to agree on some kind of plan to restart the league and also dealing with possible refund of tv money because of the shut down not to mention probable reductions in tv money in future deals. They have rather a lot on their plate atm and I'd imagine this takeover is rather low on the priority list

Genuinely, in all of this have any of you ever even considered for a single second what you'd do if someone murdered and dismembered your wives without facing justice? And then maybe considered just how removed from perspective someone saying that you sending repeated requests to the FA "isn't on" might be?

Perhaps a different way to look at the letters....

What is actually trying to be achieved by them? Attention to Saudi's terrible human rights record - I think is a fair comment.

If the letters succeed, PIF moves on to another investment and Newcastle is never brought up again by any of the individuals or agencies involved and they move on to the next highest profile investment whoever that is, be it Disney/Uber/LiveNAtion. 

If they fail, Newcastle is taken over and there is relative semi-permanent eyes on everything they do.

Neither will succeed in bringing the journalist back, but both have raised the attention. Only issue is one way is potentially very good for NUFC and the region on a sporting front the other is not.

Whatever happens once it's all done and dusted either way its unlikely that the fiance will ever be heard again in relation to Newcastle

Even people like Amnesty have said it's not their job to decide who runs football clubs, their objective is to use this news to highlight the stuff that SA get up to, and maybe even encourage Newcastle fans to be more aware of who the new owners are.

Genuinely, in all of this have any of you ever even considered for a single second what you'd do if someone murdered and dismembered your wives without facing justice? And then maybe considered just how removed from perspective someone saying that you sending repeated requests to the FA "isn't on" might be?

:thup:

Yes.  We've had about 50 pages of it at various points in the thread.

Imagine the law was like this and rather than refer to case law or precedent they had to go through every argument over and over for every case.  It's bonkers.

Guest neesy111

Even people like Amnesty have said it's not their job to decide who runs football clubs, their objective is to use this news to highlight the stuff that SA get up to, and maybe even encourage Newcastle fans to be more aware of who the new owners are.

:thup: