Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Hmmm it is possible to have every sympathy for what happened to her whilst also thinking her actions with regard to our takeover have been excessive. It's not mutually exclusive. She's definitely being very badly advised by someone that much is clear.

How? All eyes are on her husbands killers? I’d say that is pretty good?

Are they though? Her first letters were mainstream news. The media interest seems to be fading away with every letter though.

This is true and it happens when you over saturate things. For example, the clapping on a Thursday for the NHS. People hardly seem to do it now but it doesn't mean they are caring any less, they just feel they have already done it. Or closer to home, when the clapping on 17 minutes was happening at the match for the flight that was shot down. Eventually people wanted it stopped, but it wasn't because they didn't care, it was just because it was already done enough.

"What is a club in any case...?"

Ironic since I doubt Cengiz has a clue about anything to do with ours.

Not sure how that's ironic tbh. Particularly when one of the arguments I've seen is that the opposition to this deal is because there's a vendetta specifically against Newcastle United.

He admitted “responsibility” as it happened under his watch, he’s obvs not going to confess to it but I’d say you can kind of say he did it.

Either way, yes I know this is not representative of our fan base but look at the mess this is causing:

You're right there, that is just disgusting, simply no need to attack her like that at all. All that does is confirm to the rest of the world that a portion of our supporters are scumbags. Social media well and truly threw out the whole "if you've not got anything nice to say, don't day anything at all".

Guest awaymag

He admitted “responsibility” as it happened under his watch, he’s obvs not going to confess to it but I’d say you can kind of say he did it.

Either way, yes I know this is not representative of our fan base but look at the mess this is causing:

Its Twitter, people say what they want and if they get pelters, they create a different account.  Its not really a fair respresentation of NUFC supporters

Fucking hell, I really hope the minority of idiots in our fan base stop with this making the Saudi's enemies our own thing. Really dodgy grounds. They may be about to own our football club but it doesn't mean we have to be in alliance with them. We will have to get used to things like these letters/meetings etc. as it will be an ongoing thing, hopefully over time we all become a bit more skilful when responding.

Guest reefatoon

The # Saudi Newcastle deal

English press reports: The acquisition of Newcastle United from the Saudi General Investment Fund took place hours ago, and the official announcement may be today or tomorrow, Thursday.

English press reports: The acquisition of Newcastle United from the Saudi General Investment Fund took place hours ago, and the official announcement may be today or tomorrow, Thursday.

One of the follow up tweets says the next 240 hours will be crucial :lol:

Guest reefatoon

One of the follow up tweets says the next 240 hours will be crucial :lol:

:lol: See, this is the kind of tweets we need

Not to invite the whole virtue signalling thing like, but isn't saying that you don't care about her situation, that she's being used, that she needs to complain to other organisations for her cause to have merit, or that she simply needs to fuck off, not all just as bad as some throwaway insult?

Guarantee this lad loves throwing pints at away days and worships shola.

Guest reefatoon

Not to invite the whole virtue signalling thing like, but isn't saying that you don't care about her situation, that she's being used, that she needs to complain to other organisations for her cause to have merit, or that she simply needs to fuck off, not all just as bad as some throwaway insult?

Personally for me, it's not that I don't care about her situation, I am just more invested in what the deal could do for the whole area. that has me excited for what this places could become, and yes, also the football will be a huge thing again too. I'd like to think my take on it is not the same as some of the dunder heads calling her names like.

"What is a club in any case...?"

Ironic since I doubt Cengiz has a clue about anything to do with ours.

What’s the irony?

The irony is she doesn't care about our club. I mean why would she? Her beef is with Saudi Arabia, otherwise she wouldn't even know where Newcastle is on a map.

In Caulkin we Trust!

He's literally the only journo I trust on this matter, mainly because he plays it with a straight bat and isn't constantly pushing click-bait material like some of the others.

Personally for me, it's not that I don't care about her situation, I am just more invested in what the deal could do for the whole area. that has me excited for what this places could become, and yes, also the football will be a huge thing again too. I'd like to think my take on it is not the same as some of the dunder heads calling her names like.

Dunno like. Almost sounds as if you deserve your club to end up like bury.

Caulkin is such a fucking dreamboat. I replied to him earlier saying he must have the patience of a saint for dealing with people asking him the same question hundreds of times a day and he basically said "Nah it's cool, I use twitter for work so it's only fair, plus I like to chat".

His positivity is the only thing that I'm paying attention to currently.