Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Geordie dentist has gone all in, next 24 to 48 hours.

Why would he know ?

He wouldnt.  :lol: :lol: Hes one level up from Steve Wraith. Literally does anything for followers and fans. He will say anything the fans want to hear.

He had some genuine connections to the UAE takeover at the time, not convinced he's got any ITK on this aside from anyone who knows a reporter in the Middle East.

Did he f***, he was convinced it was happening too with the BZG group. Twitter t***.

I agree, imagine there was an American crowd buying us and some dentist originally from the NE but now living in Canada was the go to expert based purely on location. It’s the same thing. He loves the attention.

Guest godzilla

But why would they call someone up and go "by the way, just so you know this is UNOFFICIAL, but it's approved. Unofficially"?

It's called Covid-19 and not being able to do it face to face. Perfectly plausible that they had a video conference with the update and paperwork would follow immediately after. Nothing is official until it has been received in writing. Quite sure everyone has been involved with contracts/agreements, which have verbally been agreed, before written confirmation is forthcoming.

Guest godzilla

Study the words George has chosen to use . . .

"They haven’t had official, formal word from the PL yet. That’s the bit when the money starts to move".

That is about as clear as it could possibly be !!!

It means . . . We haven't had the announcement yet because the money hasn't been paid and it will be paid when the "official" and "formal" approval (ie, the official/formal letter) has been received, but (and this is the important bit) it means that "unofficial" approval (phonecall probably) HAS been given.

It's all there.

IT IS DONE PEOPLE . . . DONE !!!!

:lol:  :lol:

So genuine question what do you think his tweets today have indicated then?

"They haven’t had official, formal word from the PL yet. That’s the bit when the money starts to move".

It means . . . We haven't had the announcement yet because the money hasn't been paid and it will be paid when the "official" and "formal" approval (ie, the official/formal letter) has been received, but (and this is the important bit) it means that "unofficial" approval (phonecall probably) HAS been given.

It's all there.

:lol: Clear would be him saying 'Its official'.

We all want to believe but way too many people are twisting his words and looking for hidden meaning.

Geordie dentist has gone all in, next 24 to 48 hours.

Why would he know ?

He wouldnt.  :lol: :lol: Hes one level up from Steve Wraith. Literally does anything for followers and fans. He will say anything the fans want to hear.

He had some genuine connections to the UAE takeover at the time, not convinced he's got any ITK on this aside from anyone who knows a reporter in the Middle East.

He knew a few people in Dubai who had connections, but his main source from the original Staveley takeover attempt was a journalist who works in the UAE who both Paully and I know. He'd met AS and talked to her about their plans etc but he is completely in the dark about this Saudi takeover, so unless GD has got himself some new sources in, my guess is that he's just guesstimating.....I may be doing him a disservice of course.

Cheers for the good wishes folks, much appreciated......just starting to unwind a bit now. :drink:

It's all there.

That something may or may not have happened.

Guest godzilla

It's all there.

That something may or may not have happened.

Open ended answer fair enough.

I think caulkin did change his tone today, previously it was still confident etc. However, I’m sure he stated it will get the green light today.

He’s been confident since he broke this, but today he seemed sure.

I think caulkin did change his tone today, previously it was still confident etc. However, I’m sure he stated it will get the green light today.

He’s been confident since he broke this, but today he seemed sure.

About 2-3 weeks ago, he also used the phrase "they will do it" when referring to the PL approving the deal, yet here we find ourselves still waiting. The use of the word 'will' was so confident at that time.

Personally I'm not putting much stock in his use of similar wording today although I am still perfectly confident that it'll go through at some stage soon.

If this happens in the next 24 hours there is going to be some messy NZ mags, as the pubs reopened today

I come off call tomorrow so could see the day degenerating into a complete mental case......bring it on

A guy with 11 followers, a Kissinger avi, puts "widow" in quotations? and who RTs stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/bin_kissinger/status/1263227227967193096?s=20

In fact that account joined may 2020 and only really tweets pro SA s**** including Trump support and this:

Yes those Yemeni's are getting a real stabilizing from SA. As for the birthday the only thing I can find says that is his birthday.

Typical of you to put that up when people are almost popping the #cans now.

In fact that account joined may 2020 and only really tweets pro SA shite including Trump support and this:

Yes those Yemeni's are getting a real stabilizing from SA. As for the birthday the only thing I can find says that is his birthday.

Oh great, because what this thread really really needed was the shitshow of US politics to get involved. Bring on the uninformed discord. F*ck it, someone just mentioned trump, well done.

A guy with 11 followers, a Kissinger avi, puts "widow" in quotations? and who RTs stuff like this:

In fact that account joined may 2020 and only really tweets pro SA s**** including Trump support and this:

There’s always one at every party  :lol:

Martin Hardy going against the grain by writing in the Times today that the PL checks will rumble on into the 6th week as they are studying new evidence which puts a direct link with piracy and the new owners, and also growing concerns from other clubs about the deal. I don't know if he's just writing it to be contrary, but just putting it out there.

It's all there.

No it isn't though is it. People forget about the past very easily. We have been here about 4 times already on this takeover alone. This gets people's hopes up then causes more dissapointment and exhaustion with it all when inevitably we are still in this exact situation in a weeks time

Martin Hardy going against the grain by writing in the Times today that the PL checks will rumble on into the 6th week as they are studying new evidence which puts a direct link with piracy and the new owners, and also growing concerns from other clubs about the deal. I don't know if he's just writing it to be contrary, but just putting it out there.

Article is here if anyone has a subscription to post it. From the little bits you can see it seems just like another rehash to me - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-rivals-raise-concerns-over-saudis-newcastle-united-deal-z0dtpgmlv

Guest awaymag

In fact that account joined may 2020 and only really tweets pro SA shite including Trump support and this:

So what.  What has that got to do with Nufc and football?  Jesus man, go fight her honour somewhere else!

So what.  What has that got to do with Nufc and football?  Jesus man, go fight her honour somewhere else!

Don’t blame ManDoon for that ?... he’s replying to something I posted last night (a thread from someone who appeared knowledgable on the motives of Khashogji’s widow) but I pretty much immediately deleted it after realising it was bullshit. Didn’t think anyone would have had time to see / read it.

Feels like i've gone back in time.