Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Any interesting planes up there today, I've got a few hours to kill.

I live about four miles away from the airport, but we aren't on the flightpath, so we never get planes directly overhead.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by a very LOUD plane flying directly overhead, never heard anything like that here before.

So I immediately thought (still 95% asleep) "that's them, the Saudis, flying in from a different direction from normal planes" and then I went straight back to sleep.

It may all have been a dream of course, but in the morning I felt it was real !!!

(how 'wound up' into all this, am I . . .. )

I live about four miles away from the airport, but we aren't on the flightpath, so we never get planes directly overhead.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by a very LOUD plane flying directly overhead, never heard anything like that here before.

So I immediately thought (still 95% asleep) "that's them, the Saudis, flying in from a different direction from normal planes" and then I went straight back to sleep.

It may all have been a dream of course, but in the morning I felt it was real !!!

There's only two ways to land a plane at Newcastle. Straight in from Whitley Bay area, straight in from Hexham area. Anything else would end in disaster. Unless the Saudi private planes are like Harrier jump jets.

Maybe you heard the Northumbria Police Ghetto Bird tracking some villains ?

Right so if this happens let's have a bit of a break from guessing days etc.

what would people's steps be if they had just taken over NUFC?

Mine would be:

1) remove all sports direct branding off SJP

2) give SJP a good clean and spruce up

3) tell Bruce and charnley they are fired and bring in high level replacements

4) set about making plans to upgrade the training ground or find a location to build a new state of the art one

5) communicate the short to medium term plans and put measures in place for constant communication with fan groups

6) get adidas back as the kit manufacturer and design a better strip with more stripes like the 90s kits

7) revamp the whole scouting system and focus on getting all the best young talent in the north of England and Scotland into the academy at an early age

8) invest plenty of money into signing the best 16-18 year old players and fill the under 23 team with them

9)establish a link with a couple of clubs to loan out young players to develop or to sell for profit

10) keep the good core we have such as dubravka, Schar,Fernandez, longstaffs, ASM and Almiron

11) go all out to win the FA cup

How long left do we have with fun88 ?

I'm curious who these guys will set up as their first kit advert.

The deal is up in the summer, unless they have signed an extension which hasn’t been publicly announced.

I can’t see how they could continue. The whole Islam and gambling thing.

They would likely have to allow it to run its remaining term or agree a compensation offer.

Mine would be:

4) set about making plans to upgrade the training ground or find a location to build a new state of the art one

5) communicate the short to medium term plans and put measures in place for constant communication with fan groups

6) get adidas back as the kit manufacturer and design a better strip with more stripes like the 90s kits

7) revamp the whole scouting system and focus on getting all the best young talent in the north of England and Scotland into the academy at an early age

8) invest plenty of money into signing the best 16-18 year old players and fill the under 23 team with them

9)establish a link with a couple of clubs to loan out young players to develop or to sell for profit

10) keep the good core we have such as dubravka, Schar,Fernandez, longstaffs, ASM and Almiron

SD have paid sponsorship over the last couple of years, although that is below the market rate. They will legally be entitled to seeing out this season at least, so taking down the signs before the season ends is unlikely.

Alongside this it maybe a case of having to keep Ashley happy until we know we have control over everything, he may have done deals like he did at Rangers and may have sold things like image and copyrights to himself. We would need to know if he has and buy them back before we decide to piss him off.

Most importantly though, the SD rights will not be a priority. Possibly giving fans a refund, sorting out the coaching staff, playing staff even even possibly sorting out other sponsorship deals (like the shirt sponsorship) will all be more of a priority.

There's only two ways to land a plane at Newcastle. Straight in from Whitley Bay area, straight in from Hexham area. Anything else would end in disaster. Unless the Saudi private planes are like Harrier jump jets.

Or a military jet. get occasional Tornado's and Typhoons flying around at low levels. Takes what about 2 minutes to get to Leeming when you're doing 7-800mph?

If this lockdown has made us appreciate certain roles in society more, care workers, supermarket staff, delivery drivers etc, can we also do the opposite for other roles? I'm talking specifically about sports journalists because if nothing else this saga has shown 90% of them up for what they are - absolute chancers basing their profession on guesswork and straight-up lies. Utter hacks. I'm at the point where as soon as I see certain names I instantly dismiss what they say before I've read it.

If that wasn't an Ice Cube reference, i'm just gonna pretend it was, well played!

Mine would be:

SD have paid sponsorship over the last couple of years, although that is below the market rate. They will legally be entitled to seeing out this season at least, so taking down the signs before the season ends is unlikely.

Alongside this it maybe a case of having to keep Ashley happy until we know we have control over everything, he may have done deals like he did at Rangers and may have sold things like image and copyrights to himself. We would need to know if he has and buy them back before we decide to piss him off.

Most importantly though, the SD rights will not be a priority. Possibly giving fans a refund, sorting out the coaching staff, playing staff even even possibly sorting out other sponsorship deals (like the shirt sponsorship) will all be more of a priority.

What would be the legal ramifications for reneging on our sponsorship with SD? A fine? Compensation for SD?

:lol: :lol: Get them fucking signs down.

A Cessna 525 CitationJet CJ1 has just landed at Newcastle haven taken off from Doncaster. Any significance?

Aye, saw that.  Just as it was angling to land my VPN went down and I lost it.  Doncaster/Sheffield is the closest airport to Shirebrook afaik, Mandy is from around there too.

A Cessna 525 CitationJet CJ1 has just landed at Newcastle haven taken off from Doncaster. Any significance?

Aye, saw that.  Just as it was angling to land my VPN went down and I lost it.  Doncaster/Sheffield is the closest airport to Shirebrook afaik, Mandy is from around there too.

Significance of shire brook?