Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

They'll not retain Bruce beyond the season. Absolutely no way.

just imagine the play-doughed face idiot puts a run in and is given another season, only we could pull off such a high and low extreme in one fell swoop.

all great until you read this bit and even if 5% true my heart sank.

"However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that."

They’re hardly going to say he’s going to be sacked in the summer time. Wouldn’t be good for motivation if they do manage to play the remaining games of the season

"However it is understood the buyers have a clear and detailed five-year plan to overhaul and modernise Newcastle and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, with the 59-year-old also given every opportunity to remain as the club’s manager beyond that."

They are just being polite.  Bruce doesn't have any of the skills needed and be the face to manage a top half Premier League team.  Having a huge meat face doesn't count.

Think they’re just trying not to make themselves look like the bad guys by firing him from the off

Even though that’s what should happen

There's no way they're sticking with Bruce. They'll keep him until the season is out and give him the chop.

If theyre serious about making us a powerhouse or whatever, they'll get rid. Especially when a manager like Pochettino is free & ready to go.

Think they’re just trying not to make themselves look like the bad guys by firing him from the off

Even though that’s what should happen

to be fair to some of the fan base that action of sacking him with the feeble excuse of wanting their own man in would give them more kudos than letting him stay on.

Like Caulkin, Jason Burt is getting his info from Staveley (or her husband). They have reported several times that no managers have been sounded out, which could only mean one thing - Rafa will be back to finish his Project as soon as the season finishes!

Miguel Delaney also mentioned Frank McParland and Owen Brown the other day, although that could be bullshit.

they can't very well write "...and will back Bruce, at least until the end of the season, when they plan to trebuchet him into the sun" can they? meaningless polite sounding patter.

Telling Bruce he'll have "every chance" is a nice way to keep him motivated and hopefully stop him relegating the club in the mean time. Once we're safe he'll be binned.

Of course, they could probably just as easily motivate him with the offer of free bacon sandwiches I suppose.

Also not sure how much difference it makes to his "performance" whether he is motivated or not but hey, they don't want him relegating their £300m investment is the point I'm making.

Telling Bruce he'll have "every chance" is a nice way to keep him motivated and hopefully stop him relegating the club in the mean time. Once we're safe he'll be binned.

Of course, they could probably just as easily motivate him with the offer of free bacon sandwiches I suppose.

Also not sure how much difference it makes to his "performance" whether he is motivated or not but hey, they don't want him relegating their £300m investment is the point I'm making.

It's a moot point really. They'll give Bruce every chance to prove he's good enough to take us forward, he'll show very quickly that he isn't and he'll get binned.

Would Ashley’s side have been been unofficially told it’s passed ?

Ashley's lickspittles aren't the subject of the test, it's got little to do with them really.

I'd have thought that at least Ashley and his lawyers would be party to that information.

If he knows, I can't imagine him being arsed to pass the information to the likes of Charnley though.

It would be the courteous thing to do I agree, but I'm not sure they'd be obliged to do so though :thup:

Right so if this happens let's have a bit of a break from guessing days etc.

what would people's steps be if they had just taken over NUFC?

Mine would be:

1) remove all sports direct branding off SJP

2) give SJP a good clean and spruce up

3) tell Bruce and charnley they are fired and bring in high level replacements

4) set about making plans to upgrade the training ground or find a location to build a new state of the art one

5) communicate the short to medium term plans and put measures in place for constant communication with fan groups

6) get adidas back as the kit manufacturer and design a better strip with more stripes like the 90s kits

7) revamp the whole scouting system and focus on getting all the best young talent in the north of England and Scotland into the academy at an early age

8) invest plenty of money into signing the best 16-18 year old players and fill the under 23 team with them

9)establish a link with a couple of clubs to loan out young players to develop or to sell for profit

10) keep the good core we have such as dubravka, Schar,Fernandez, longstaffs, ASM and Almiron

11) go all out to win the FA cup

Make it up with Jonas and KK should be the first step

IDK maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. PiF are buying the club to advertise SA around the in effect, promote a positive image of the country etc.

What better figurehead for that than Steve Bacon?

Right so if this happens let's have a bit of a break from guessing days etc.

what would people's steps be if they had just taken over NUFC?

Mine would be:

1) remove all sports direct branding off SJP

2) give SJP a good clean and spruce up

3) tell Bruce and charnley they are fired and bring in high level replacements

4) set about making plans to upgrade the training ground or find a location to build a new state of the art one

5) communicate the short to medium term plans and put measures in place for constant communication with fan groups

6) get adidas back as the kit manufacturer and design a better strip with more stripes like the 90s kits

7) revamp the whole scouting system and focus on getting all the best young talent in the north of England and Scotland into the academy at an early age

8) invest plenty of money into signing the best 16-18 year old players and fill the under 23 team with them

9)establish a link with a couple of clubs to loan out young players to develop or to sell for profit

10) keep the good core we have such as dubravka, Schar,Fernandez, longstaffs, ASM and Almiron

11) go all out to win the FA cup

Make it up with Jonas and KK should be the first step

It's not their responsibility to right Ashleys wrongs. All focus should be on the present in order to move the club forward.

Any interesting planes up there today, I've got a few hours to kill.

I live about four miles away from the airport, but we aren't on the flightpath, so we never get planes directly overhead.

In the middle of the night I was woken up by a very LOUD plane flying directly overhead, never heard anything like that here before.

So I immediately thought (still 95% asleep) "that's them, the Saudis, flying in from a different direction from normal planes" and then I went straight back to sleep.

It may all have been a dream of course, but in the morning I felt it was real !!!

(how 'wound up' into all this, am I . . .. )

There's only two ways to land a plane at Newcastle. Straight in from Whitley Bay area, straight in from Hexham area. Anything else would end in disaster. Unless the Saudi private planes are like Harrier jump jets.

Maybe you heard the Northumbria Police Ghetto Bird tracking some villains ?

Or a military jet. get occasional Tornado's and Typhoons flying around at low levels. Takes what about 2 minutes to get to Leeming when you're doing 7-800mph?

Or, it is just possible that I dreamt the whole thing, as it is so much on my mind.

After this happens I will need a long uninterupted wank (about a MONTH) I think !!

FTFY

THANKYOOO !!

Doubt that our new Muslim owners will be handing out bacon sandwiches, tbh.