Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

So has there been any plausible reasons as to why a mega rich business needs partners and would effectively give up 20% to have two other stake holders? Is it because they wish to remain silent and not have to deal with day to day operations? Is it because they haven't invested in a club before? Is it because it apportions the blame if it goes wrong at times?

I am really curious to find out not sure if they will ever say but surely it will be a question put to them at some point.

So has there been any plausible reasons as to why a mega rich business needs partners and would effectively give up 20% to have two other stake holders? Is it because they wish to remain silent and not have to deal with day to day operations? Is it because they haven't invested in a club before? Is it because it apportions the blame if it goes wrong at times?

I am really curious to find out not sure if they will ever say but surely it will be a question put to them at some point.

Staveley put the deal together and brought it to them and the Reuben brothers have already heavily invested in the city so it makes sense

Staveley went to them with the idea and they have seemingly bought into it. She must have told them things they liked.

Staveley put it together, Reubens were involved prior to PIF.

Not seen any published.

PIF could have easily done this all alone, so in my view they hadn't considered it in the past but were approached by Staveley who wanted a cut for starting the deal, and the Reubens jumped on as part of their buy up of property all around Newcastle.

Or, they just want to be owners and have others do all the day to day running

The Man City ownership is the same way. 

78% Abu Dhabi group

12% China Media Capital

10% Silver Lake (American investment group)

This takeover man, I can't help feeling that the excitement I had weeks ago (when they first said a deposit was paid and the FA were doing ownership tests) has waned just a bit, drained out of me by the waiting. It's almost like the original excitement has been replaced by a dull acceptance that something is happening and will just be greeted with relief when it's done - I know I'll be as overjoyed as the next Toon fan when the final announcement is made and Ashley gets to f*ck, I'm just not sure I still have it in me to be as OTT excited as I would have been, like a bloke who's shot his bolt and is in the stage afterwards or recovering for another round!

... could just be that I'm feeling knackered today as well mind  :lol:

78% Abu Dhabi group

12% China Media Capital

Gets them into business and VIP networks in this country I imagine, which is half the point of the takeover in the first place.

Not seen any published.

PIF could have easily done this all alone, so in my view they hadn't considered it in the past but were approached by Staveley who wanted a cut for starting the deal, and the Reubens jumped on as part of their buy up of property all around Newcastle.

Or, they just want to be owners and have others do all the day to day running

The Reuben Brothers could also easily have done this on their own (worth about £18 Billion) but the 'deal' was put together by PCP Capital Partners (Amanda Staveley) so she was involved hugely and said she wanted "in" on the deal and I understand that the Reuben Brothers were on board even before PIF, so they remained on board when PIF joined in.

It seems an IDEAL combination of owners, with ongoing future skills being available to Newcastle United from ALL three groups, far, far better than doing it on your own, no matter how rich you are!

How long left do we have with fun88 ?

I'm curious who these guys will set up as their first kit advert.

The deal is up in the summer, unless they have signed an extension which hasn’t been publicly announced.

78% Abu Dhabi group

12% China Media Capital

I was not aware of that at all with such a large % stake its almost like the others dont exist. I wonder how that works though say the board decide to invest 300 million into the club does that have to come as those 80/10/10%'s from the three owners or can one owner just foot the bill.

Does over investment from 1 party allow them to ask for a different % of ownership down the line?

Any interesting planes up there today, I've got a few hours to kill.

Not really.  A Learjet took off from Jeddah not long ago but it hasn't got the range to reach the UK.  A GL5T took off from Biggin Hill heading south not long ago (over france now), kind of keeping an eye on where that's going.

Not really.  A Learjet took off from Jeddah not long ago but it hasn't got the range to reach the UK.  A GL5T took off from Biggin Hill heading south not long ago (over france now), kind of keeping an eye on where that's going.

Haha good work my man. 👍

How long left do we have with fun88 ?

I'm curious who these guys will set up as their first kit advert.

The deal is up in the summer, unless they have signed an extension which hasn’t been publicly announced.

I can’t see how they could continue. The whole Islam and gambling thing.

There's not a single plane in the sky anywhere north of Leeds and south of Edinburgh. Just clouds, birds, insects and leaves for hundreds of miles.