Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Takeover expected next week states BBC, I suggest they're dreaming this won't happen till the season has been concluded one way or another, all we need is a spike and next season may not start as usual either.

Knowing a little but about how this process works (but not ITK on this deal), what has probably happened is that the PL have asked further questions on the evidence that has been submitted, and then buyers need to respond. At some point, they confirm that they need no further information.

That is a fairly crucial point. It means that based upon what they have seen, they have no more questions to ask. Now that is not guaranteed to be a "yes" - for example, if they say "how much cash have you got to finance the club after you have bought it", and the answer is "50p", they clearly have no more questions to ask. That's an extreme example, and in this case, highly unlikely given the detail involved - but strictly speaking it is not a yes.

The likely position now is that buyers have responded in a detailed document dealing with whatever allegations where contained in this new evidence, and the PL have now confirmed they have nothing further to ask. At that point, you have to be pretty confident (although not guaranteed) this is a yes. I think this is where the confidence from the last 24 hours has come from.

The time period for issuing a formal decision on the test is probably a few days from final confirmation that no other information is required, and then you have the lag of actually completing the purchase. On the deals I worked on, it was 5 working days from the test being satisfied, so if for arguments sake formal confirmation was given today, you would be looking at Monday 1 June. But I wouldn't panic is it isn't - if the formal confirmation is received on Tuesday due to bank holiday, it will obviously be a week after that.

Experience of ME investors suggests you will hear nothing official at all until formal completion from the club - there's almost certainly a clause in the sale agreement which provides for confidentiality until completion, and then they almost certainly have either pre-agreed press releases, or press release subject to approval of the other side (and it is probably the former given the timing lag involved).

Just thought this might help a few people wondering why nothing is announced.

I’m seeing Richard Bevan tomorrow, CEO of the LMA. I will at least ask him the question.,

You are a legend Golfmag. A real ITK who can be trusted.

Can’t see anything coming out over the weekend due to eid.

Monday is my bet.

But just realised it’s a bank holiday so Tuesday

Friday for me. Officially confirmed by the PL to the buyers after the executive meeting Tuesday then 3 days for money transfer.

Knowing a little but about how this process works (but not ITK on this deal), what has probably happened is that the PL have asked further questions on the evidence that has been submitted, and then buyers need to respond. At some point, they confirm that they need no further information.

That is a fairly crucial point. It means that based upon what they have seen, they have no more questions to ask. Now that is not guaranteed to be a "yes" - for example, if they say "how much cash have you got to finance the club after you have bought it", and the answer is "50p", they clearly have no more questions to ask. That's an extreme example, and in this case, highly unlikely given the detail involved - but strictly speaking it is not a yes.

The likely position now is that buyers have responded in a detailed document dealing with whatever allegations where contained in this new evidence, and the PL have now confirmed they have nothing further to ask. At that point, you have to be pretty confident (although not guaranteed) this is a yes. I think this is where the confidence from the last 24 hours has come from.

The time period for issuing a formal decision on the test is probably a few days from final confirmation that no other information is required, and then you have the lag of actually completing the purchase. On the deals I worked on, it was 5 working days from the test being satisfied, so if for arguments sake formal confirmation was given today, you would be looking at Monday 1 June. But I wouldn't panic is it isn't - if the formal confirmation is received on Tuesday due to bank holiday, it will obviously be a week after that.

Experience of ME investors suggests you will hear nothing official at all until formal completion from the club - there's almost certainly a clause in the sale agreement which provides for confidentiality until completion, and then they almost certainly have either pre-agreed press releases, or press release subject to approval of the other side (and it is probably the former given the timing lag involved).

Just thought this might help a few people wondering why nothing is announced.

I think Formal confirmation was received on this Wednesday. The five days completion time will end next Thursday but due to Eid Holidays in Saudi Banks will be closed until next Thursday. I am pretty sure June 1st is the most likely date. 

Steve Wraith and Geordie dentist chat was good listen tonight. They might split opinion with some people, but genuine black and white’s to the core.

To summarise bbc and itv have both already done interviews with them in anticipation of takeover announcement.

Local journalist has stated Ashley wants nothing to do with any announcement, as not his club anymore.

Some good tales around bzg bid as well.

Def worth a watch if your not takeover fatigued.

Steve Wraith and Geordie dentist chat was good listen tonight. They might split opinion with some people, but genuine black and white’s to the core.

To summarise bbc and itv have both already done interviews with them in anticipation of takeover announcement.

Local journalist has stated Ashley wants nothing to do with any announcement, as not his club anymore.

Some good tales around bzg bid as well.

Def worth a watch if your not takeover fatigued.

A link would be helpful.