Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I believe he really thought it would be Friday and gambled a bit with the good morning tweet but it hasn't come off. People are hearing things, so it must be close. I'm hoping we're just waiting for the money to land.

Also, since getting back to work this week waiting for this has been so much easier. Week has flown by. I remember early May where hours seemed to take months  :lol:

Someone on Twitter just made a good point, that baldy cockney cunt is lucky (well maybe not lucky) enough to be at an FA Cup quarter final that thousands of fans aren’t able to attend tomorrow yet he shows utter contempt for the supporters of the club.

Hope Orient go bust.

Hmmm he is often very annoying but he's not wrong. Caulkin (who is a one of the best writers on us) clearly got led along by the over confidence of the buying side. They were never going to say it may be difficult. Of course they may well have good reason to believe they had every chance of being waved through, and Edwards has got lucky to say i told you so but honestly we all got a bit too excited based on one side of the deal getting ahead of themselves.

Guest godzilla

Hmmm he is often very annoying but he's not wrong. Caulkin (who is a one of the best writers on us) clearly got led along by the over confidence of the buying side. They were never going to say it may be difficult. Of course they may well have good reason to believe they had every chance of being waved through, and Edwards has got lucky to say i told you so but honestly we all got a bit too excited based on one side of the deal getting ahead of themselves.

Has it been decided yet? If not then, how's he not wrong? Caulkin is at least basing his reporting on genuine sources, whilst Edwards is basing his on just being a genuine cunt.

Oh yeah no doubt, but Caulkins sources were very confident it wouldnt take too long and it has. They were always going to be very confident, they could hardly say 'hmmm we may get shafted by our piracy".

Edwards got lucky ofc and yes in long run Caulkins lot will likely be right but can't pretend this is what they envisioned either

Someone on Twitter just made a good point, that baldy cockney cunt is lucky (well maybe not lucky) enough to be at an FA Cup quarter final that thousands of fans aren’t able to attend tomorrow yet he shows utter contempt for the supporters of the club.

Hope Orient go bust.

Aye. Preferably MBS concocts another anti journalist scheme concerning the bald cunt.

oof :lol:

Guest godzilla

Oh yeah no doubt, but Caulkins sources were very confident it wouldnt take too long and it has. They were always going to be very confident, they could hardly say 'hmmm we may get shafted by our piracy".

Edwards got lucky ofc and yes in long run Caulkins lot will likely be right but can't pretend this is what they envisioned either

Well my thoughts on the Premier League hierarchy are well documented in this thread. Edwards, I think is an absolutely shocking reporter, a non-stop WUM, who purposely says something, which none of what he says is based on sources (just his own thoughts); then often backtracks when he starts getting stick, before waiting another three or four days and then coming out with something else (usually the same thing).

Perhaps not everyone informed could have predicted the Saudi/Qatari geopolitics that has engulfed all this in recent weeks. It’s become a bigger animal than anticipated clearly.

Exactly.  He's going on like they'[re just making stuff up.  Imagine if he was the one with a direct line to Staveley, he'd be falling over himself to get every little snippet out there as an exclusive.

He's best ignored.

Maybe the press couldnt have predicted it (though actually think they probably should have done, this was all ongoing as was) but PCP could have predicted it. The sudden attempt to clean up just looks disingenuous now and should have been done in advance.

How ironic when there is no news in the media about that American fraud apparently wanting to buy us, Luke has also gone quiet on that front too when supposedly, he is ITK about that project. Hope someone calls his bluff in that one.

Guest godzilla

By my reckoning its 1564 weeks that he's been a total w*nker, but who's counting

Is that a dig at Caulkin?

By Edwards? If so, yeah it is, he has been doing it for the last few weeks now and he is a supposed mate also  :lol: If Wolfcastle? Think he means Edwards.

Guest godzilla

:lol: No I meant Edwards, seems like he's having a dig at Caulkin. The worst thing is if the takeover falls through it won't just be s*** in terms of football, IMAGINE how smug Edwards will be. Awful

Think it pisses him off that Caulkin is popular, whereas he knows the majority can't stand him.

:lol: No I meant Edwards, seems like he's having a dig at Caulkin. The worst thing is if the takeover falls through it won't just be s*** in terms of football, IMAGINE how smug Edwards will be. Awful

Think it pisses him off that Caulkin is popular, whereas he knows the majority can't stand him.

But he might have a point