Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Fucks sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

Fully agree

Know all

Anyone that thinks Staveley is worth fawning over, needs their head checked.

Been saying this for ages too. She doesn't inspire confidence at all to date sadly.

I don't really know enough about her to form an opinion yet.

This. Doubt anyone knows on here..

I said she doesn't inspire confidence, that's based on her briefing Caulkin with timelines and expectations that she has failed to back up with actions. Over a 3 year period. We do know that much..

Do we? Has he confirmed it's Stavely? Has he ever given direct quotes? How do you know the PL haven't blindsided her with new requests or responses to new information?

I deal with a government regulator and they recently blindsided on requests from something 3 years ago. We've spoken monthly since and not mentioned so we thought everything was going perfectly.

Fucks sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

As a not so know all, they wouldn't have known a country was going to pull out as Saudi Arabia have know, when they bought those rights.

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, just putting a suggestion out there.

As a not so know all, they wouldn't have known a country was going to pull out as Saudi Arabia have know, when they bought those rights.

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, just putting a suggestion out there.

Pull out of what? Pull out of a deal made between Bein and PL? How?

This isn't based on nowt. There's legal precedent. Don't be so dismissive...

https://gulfbusiness.com/asian-football-body-afc-cancels-bein-sports-broadcast-rights-saudi/

Ooh check you out with facts. It’ll be suitably ignored mind.  :lol:

Besides which, how many times in life do we see people doing stuff, making deals, making things happen that are completely contrary to what you 'think' would be the right thing? There is no obvious, un-rocket science-like things where humans are concerned, otherwise there would be no disagreements about anything, anywhere, ever. Absolutely zero point in discussing what someone 'thinks' might or might not be possible with these contracts, etc because it's all based on assumption from personal opinion rather than actual knowledge.

This isn't based on nowt. There's legal precedent. Don't be so dismissive...

https://gulfbusiness.com/asian-football-body-afc-cancels-bein-sports-broadcast-rights-saudi/

That sounds like Bein not broadcasting Saudi teams while under obligation to do so by the deal? Not really comparable.

f***s sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

He hasn’t got any superior knowledge he’s just simplifying a complicated situation. There’s all sorts of things in play here bein have had to shed jobs, the premier league will have to rebate bein.

I wouldn’t dismiss the notion Saudi strike deal with Bein via PL to attain rights for remainder of current deal.

Someone earlier said Saudi Arabia had pulled of the Mena deal, no real idea if that was true but it was part of the nonsense conversation we were all having.

Guest godzilla

If they have no part in the deal they can do whatever they want.  The PL packaged the deal this way, SA never agreed to it or had any part in it.

Well sadly for them they cant as they dont own the rights and won't be able to buy them.

You said 'there's no way a country can pull out of a deal they have no part in', that's clearly wrong.  There's nothing to say SA have to allow Bein to broadcast in their country.

That is absolutely not wrong. Just because they arent allowing Bein to broadcast doesnt mean their country still isnt part of the deal Bein has with PL.

I presume you have seen the contract have you?

No. Unlike you I just have a basic understanding of what broadcasting rights actually are.

So you haven't thank you that's all I needed to know. Don't give a shit what you claim to know or not.

f***s sakes guys it's not rocket science. Why would anyone pay for the rights if a country under that deal can at any point just say "nah, dont fancy that, we'll make our own deal" :lol:

He hasn’t got any superior knowledge he’s just simplifying a complicated situation. There’s all sorts of things in play here bein have had to shed jobs, the premier league will have to rebate bein.

I wouldn’t dismiss the notion Saudi strike deal with Bein via PL to attain rights for remainder of current deal.

Sounds like he knows more than me like, that'll be certain actually.

Which is exactly what I just said is the only (but unlikely) way out of this  :lol:

KSA Via pif are going to own a football club with their population buzzing to see it play and They’ve decided to make sure there is no Legal way of doing so Next season so piracy Is the only way to do so and said piracy issues were the reason it was held up and ran the risk of being cancelled. 

That’s what people are saying, isn’t it? Imagine thinking they are that stupid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is exactly what I just said is the only (but unlikely) way out of this  :lol:

Putting aside the geopolitical side of things it would make perfect financial sense for bein. The fee they’ll have paid for contract will have been calculated on the biggest nation in the region providing a certain amount of subscriptions.

That’s clearly out of window now, if they really are struggling as badly financially as claimed a deal with Saudi would make perfect sense.

Could it be brokered I don’t think anyone really knows at minute.

Someone earlier said Saudi Arabia had pulled of the Mena deal, no real idea if that was true but it was part of the nonsense conversation we were all having.

Mena deal? Isn't that just an acronym for Middle East and North Africa? Are they joining Europe or South America?  :dowie:

Anyone that thinks Staveley is worth fawning over, needs their head checked.

She helped broker the deal which made Man City the richest club in the world. She came to buy us and was forced into playing Ashley’s game, ultimately seeing his toys being thrown out of the pram, and her being personally insulted publicly. She then came back with even bigger investors which would make Newcastle 10 times as rich as the Man City deal she brokered (at least on paper).

She has met with local MP’s, councillors, and land owners about developing areas of Newcastle.

She has met with fans groups to talk to them about how they think the club should be ran.

She is a in a high court battle with Barclays where she claims she is owned over £1bn. You don’t get to go to the high court for a case like that unless both your very expensive and very good lawyers, and the very experienced judge think you have a realistic chance of winning.

Why is she no longer credible? Is it because this test is taking a long time? That’s not her fault, you need to knock on the Premier League’s door for that one.

Is it because she has said to Caulkin that she thinks there will be a positive outcome and it will be approved? The D&O test maybe taking some time, but she’s not been wrong so far has she?

KSA Via pif are going to own a football club with their population buzzing to see it play and They’ve decided to make sure there is no Legal way of doing so Next season so piracy Is the only way to do so and said piracy issues were the reason it was held up and ran the risk of being cancelled. 

That’s what people are saying, isn’t it? Imagine, thinking they are that stupid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with that last sentence entirely.

Some people on here seem to forget the proven business calibre of all the people who are buying the club. The Reubens, PIF, Stavely, are ALL very good at what they do, very good indeed.

I think many seem to forget this, I suppose this is after 13 years of us being owned by a disinterested 'chancer' who just got lucky in the past in business.

Our new owners are very, very, different !!!

Mena deal? Isn't that just an acronym for Middle East and North Africa? Are they joining Europe or South America?  :dowie:

No idea,  told you earlier I'm just one of the not so know alls, just discussing nonsense.

You know more than me, read a back a couple of pages, the discussion and suggestions are there.

That’s what people are saying, isn’t it? Imagine, thinking they are that stupid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with that last sentence entirely.

Some people on here seem to forget the proven business calibre of all the people who are buying the club. The Reubens, PIF, Stavely, are ALL very good at what they do, very good indeed.

I think many seem to forget this, I suppose this is after 13 years of us being owned by a disinterested 'chancer' who just got lucky in the past in business.

Our new owners are very, very, different !!!

Aye, it’s not Ashley and his mates that we’re used to, it’s a legal team larger than our playing squad.  :lol:

They’ve got something planned, it’s not been done by accident or in spite. Whatever it is, it trumps the opinion of the naysayers on here and this is something they’ll have to get used to.

No idea,  told you earlier I'm just one of the not so know alls, just discussing nonsense.

You know more than me, read a back a couple of pages, the discussion and suggestions are there.

We have to move our island 200miles away from France when we leave the EU. We’ve also been booted out of the Euro’s, European club competition and most sadly, Eurovision Song Contest.

Yes they clearly have great plans and know exactly how to sort it out. No reason to worry.

That's why its taken months for the deal to be confirmed. No issues at all with anything.

We have to move our island 200miles away from France when we leave the EU. We’ve also been booted out of the Euro’s, European club competition and most sadly, Eurovision Song Contest.

Christ. MENA isnt an union, it's a region.