Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think Charnley's quotes are interesting. He says this deal is for " a number of years." He specifically doesn't give an actual timescale. Sounds like a rolling contract where we can get out after every season.

Or Guybrush is Steve Wraith

:lol: Again, and I can't stress this enough, I just don't know who he is or why people post about him.

I know nothing about the takeover, current ownership, or anything else bar the underwhelming fact this deal was made a while ago.

These are just things that need to be done, what if the takeover rumbles on for a couple more months?

Was a prime opportunity for the club to put some pressure on the PL tbh. Threaten them if they don't make a decision the players will play in pants, socks and vests.

These are just things that need to be done, what if the takeover rumbles on for a couple more months?

Don't think it's a question of 'if' sadly.

I have little doubt that we are starting next season with Ashley owning the club and Bruce in charge of the team.

Think about it. The season is about to end, there have been no leaks about our kit for next season apart from rumours of its design. Can't wait until the takeover is done only then get kits produced. They have also been careful of not to be specific about the length of the contract which is usually stated.

This announcement of a "long term" "primary partner" deal severely knocks my confidence of the PIF acquisition being completed.

I think it is highly probably that PIF would have wanted to brand the club strongly towards Saudi business interests and would have wanted their logos all over the uniform and the grounds.

When an organisation is in the process of being sold, major deals, agreements, or structural changes can not be made by the organisation without the permission/consent of the buying party; I can not see PIF agreeing to a long-term arrangement whereby FUN88 is the "primary partner".  This is why this announcement severely damages my confidence in the sale being completed.

I really do think that assertions like "sponsorship arrangements can be ended early", whilst technically correct, is unlikely because any newly minted agreement likely has huge payout clauses given their awareness of a potential sale for mega-money.  I think believing that PIF could just pay off FUN88 to end the sponsorship early is grasping a straws in a desperate attempt to maintain some confidence in the deal being completed.

So what are you saying here exactly?  You don't believe the takeover decicion is still in the hands of the Premier League?  Because otherwise this sponsorship is utterly irrelivent to wether the takeover happens or not..

The club arent making the decicion on the takeover, that part is done.  It's the PL alone who are making that decicion.  So constantly trying to figure out how that decicion will go based on the actions of the club from day to day is nonsensical.

I mean I'm sure if the league rejected the takeover we'd hear about that long before we heard of a club decision based on that rejection.  Considering they take forever to do everything.

Guest neesy111

I think this time next week the club will be making announcements left right and center

You've been next week for weeks now. :lol:

Many bits and pieces of the day to day running of the club needs to be kept ticking over, shirt sponsorship is one of them. We couldn't put it on hold while waiting on the takeover which, however unlikely, 'could' still be rejected. Player contracts, sponsorships, general upkeep of the club, all need to continue in case a takeover doesn't materialise, just standard procedure.

Nothing to see here.

Guest chopey

I think this time next week the club will be making announcements left right and center

You've been next week for weeks now. :lol:

Always been 100% confident, there's just to much money involved for it not to go through, Premier League want their cut that's all.

I still think this will happen but the sponsorship deal raises many questions.

For one, the club an Islamic kingdom wants to buy having a sponsor on the shirt which is a gambling company do not go hand in hand.

Honestly I thought they would be the first thing to go.