Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm losing confidence in this.

Why ?

None of these letters are bringing anything new up, it’s not like some revelation that the premier league or the possible owners themselves has come up. They will have answers for all of this.

To be honest, if the PL did deny the deal, you couldn't really blame them. It couldn't be further from a black-and-white decision. The letter makes a lot of valid points to be fair, and there'll be many people who'll feel that way too.

I dunno how I'd feel if it was all called off... partly disappointed, partly relieved I think. Conflicted.

Guest reefatoon

Why has it taken 3 weeks of knowing this for the letters to start flowing in, it’s like the first letter appeared then every f***er and their dog have jumped on the bandwagon and joined in.

Guest neesy111

To be honest, if the PL did deny the deal, you couldn't really blame them. It couldn't be further from a black-and-white decision. The letter makes a lot of valid points to be fair, and there'll be many people who'll feel that way too.

I dunno how I'd feel if it was all called off... partly disappointed, partly relieved I think. Conflicted.

:thup:

If football was perfect, these deals should not be allowed etc.  However, I see no way it should be stopped because football and especially the PL have sold everything for money.

I'd be disappointed if it didn't go through just from a pure NUFC perspective.

Surely these organisations aren't labouring under the impression that the PL have total discretion on this matter? Perhaps it's simply a case that they are looking to ramp up as much pressure as possible to give PIF the impression that this will become a reverse-sportswashing and will bring abuses under much greater international scrutiny and influence them to withdraw the bid?

a lot of it is probably mostly to make a point of objecting like amnesty etc the only one thats probably in half way serious in trying to put pressure on the prem is bein sports

Why ?

None of these letters are bringing anything new up, it’s not like some revelation that the premier league or the possible owners themselves has come up. They will have answers for all of this.

Because the more people against it the more pressure it puts on the PL to sanction the takeover. You have to remember they probably don't give a toss if we get taken over, we've all got NUFC hats on desperate for it to go through so we're obviously going to play a lot of this down.

Guest Butcher

Why ?

Because the more people against it the more pressure it puts on the PL to sanction the takeover. You have to remember they probably don't give a toss if we get taken over, we've all got NUFC hats on desperate for it to go through so we're obviously going to play a lot of this down.

Money.

Guest neesy111

Why ?

Nah, the PL will be desperate for an injection of money into the league as incomes are going to take a big hit from the economic consequences of the pandemic. 

Another letter

Roman’s mate probably.

Kasparov is a vocal critic of Putin, so probably not.

I'm as excited as anyone at the prospect of my club being rich beyond my wildest dreams, and I'm willing to turn a blind eye to that fact that the money will be coming from a terrible, murderous regime, but let's not kid ourselves that the House of Saud is anything other that a terrible, murderous regime.

Let's not be cunts about this, these people are not attacking Newcastle United, they have no interest in Newcastle United. They are attacking a terrible murderous, regime and rightly so!

Guest reefatoon

Half the amazon rainforest has been used up with all the letters sent, the absolute monsters that they are. Save our trees.

I'm more and more convinced that there's not a hope in hell this goes through.

I ALMOST allowed myself to get excited, but clearly it's just not happening.

I've decided that if this is blocked I'll never watch a game of premier league football ever again

Guest godzilla

They need to stick to what's in the fit and proper persons test. If the new owners don't comply with anything that's within that test; then they need definitive proof why they don't, or face a massive and costly legal lawsuit. So really it is a black and white decision based on what is included within the test. If they have that proof that the new owners do not comply with articles set within the test, then they takeover will be off. If they don't then the takeover will go through.