Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I was under the impression that the Fit and Proper persons test was a financial test to check that the individuals are who they say they are financially? Its not a morality test, so I'm not sure if they'd have grounds to block it using a fit and proper persons test.

I'm confident it'll go through and im never confident with NUFC.

your right its not a morality test, essentially the main ways to fail it are already owning another club in england, being involved recently in something going bust or unspent criminal convictions. The possible wrinkle is a vague notion of someone from another country doing something that would be considered a crime in the uk and the piracy angle but neither seem likely to stop it from everything I've read but if anything can its the beoutq stuff

Couldn’t Ashley have just sold us to some inoffensive yank billionaires instead. And just saved all this.

if it was in any way intentional it would be an impressive last bit of spite to the fans

The timing is the spite. Hope he is buried so we can piss on his grave one day.

Couldn’t Ashley have just sold us to some inoffensive yank billionaires instead. And just saved all this.

Wouldn't be Newcastle under Ashely without all of this.

Will be a much bigger story if the Premier League block this than if they let it go through. They will not want what would follow, just like the Government taking a backseat. It will become an international/political nightmare. Especially with the current climate. Seeing what happened in Manchester and what this investment might bring to the community, and potentially employment, the Government will likely want this to go through as much as the premier league.

At any rate it comes down to their process and wording for the testing not morality. If they fail them with even a shred of doubt or ambiguity the premier league would be ripped a new arsehole in court.

Guest neesy111

For those of you saying "it'll never go through on a weekend" and looking forward to two days off, Sunderland announced their takeover on a Sunday lunchtime.

Wasn't that for PR purposes before their last game of the season?

For those of you saying "it'll never go through on a weekend" and looking forward to two days off, Sunderland announced their takeover on a Sunday lunchtime.

Were they waiting on a PL directors' test? It's not Newcastle or the Saudis who we're waiting on.

:ructions:

Wooo. They had a takeover? Someone was actually daft/clever enough to buy them? Which takeover was this by the way?

PL can’t turn down the takeover, but I can feel they want to. That’s my concern. In other words, PL may be just trying to put pressure on the Gov to interfere.

It would open a massive can of worms for the government considering the trade the UK government do with the Saudis and that they are classed as allies.

PL can’t turn down the takeover, but I can feel they want to. That’s my concern. In other words, PL may be just trying to put pressure on the Gov to interfere.

If the Govt. did interverne, then they'd probably push it through. Would surely be quite hypocritical for them to block it only to continue trade with them.

I am out of touch with all of this though and try not to comment. Some of the idiots on Twitter seriously knock me sick and give us lot a really, really bad name.

Thankfully, the same can be said for any club. But it's rank looking at the comments, like.

Guest The Little Waster

Governments already said they wont and theyve got more important things to deal with right now

The Government who are selling them arms, are quite cosy with them and see it purely as inward investment at a time of economic strife.

All the Government will be thinking is how do we get this through while not looking like twats.

Governments already said they wont and theyve got more important things to deal with right now

Bet they've given guidance in reality.

Surely these organisations aren't labouring under the impression that the PL have total discretion on this matter? Perhaps it's simply a case that they are looking to ramp up as much pressure as possible to give PIF the impression that this will become a reverse-sportswashing and will bring abuses under much greater international scrutiny and influence them to withdraw the bid?