Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Garry's a bit of a hypocrite

:lol: extremely tedious and stupid

No it's not, it's fair.

:lol: he’s congratulating the team and its manager on winning the league ffs.

And it’s a comically-poor attempt at a gotcha! moment.

No it's not, it's fair.

Wait so he's separating the football side of things from the ownership? Is that what you're saying?

this is the first takeover of a major PL football club by a controversial ownership group in the age of technology and twitter. this notion that this stuff can happen with nobody knowing until its done is so far from reality these days between the sheer volume of journalists, twitter sleuths, etc. the fact that most of this came to light again because of Companies House is the perfect example of how confidentiality is really thrown out the window here when administrative documentation is uploaded and notifies a bunch of people who then post about it online.

If this doesn’t go through I’m done with football like. Haven’t got the stomach to watch us basically live to exist, not watching anymore football in a world where we have that fat useless c*** Steve Bruce as our manager, whilst the media lick his arse.

Won’t watch any matches on tele, just absolutely finished.

Agreed

I think going from potentially having it all to having absolutely nothing at all would be a bit too much for me.

I only post on here during takeover rumours because that hope is the only thing that keeps me connected to the club. I keep an eye on results and occasionally watch us on MOTD(If I can stay awake long enough) but I'm personally putting so much into the fact this particular takeover would potential put us into the absolute top tier of clubs for the rest of our history and losing that, would be f***ing hard to swallow.

That's not the mention the impact it could have on the region and the people of the NE in general.

That's not to say I'm blind to the obvious issue with the takeover, but from purely a footballing and economical viewpoint this is all or nothing for me.

Nailed it. Up until the last days I’ve been on cloud 9, I know things still look good but the uncertainty has knocked me. Newcastle fans aren’t allowed anything nice. :lol:

Aye, it's such a uniquely weird club in the sense that it's clearly had the potential for as long as I've been supporting it.

I've spent years being frustrated at how close we came to having it under Shepherd (one good decison away), to losing complete hope that we'd ever have it under Ashley.

To come so close to knowing we'll finally unlock the potential of the club havin spendt years being ridiculed in the media for having those very beliefs and to lose it would probably be the end for me because I dont think any other takeover could bring what this one could.

If this doesn’t go through I’m done with football like. Haven’t got the stomach to watch us basically live to exist, not watching anymore football in a world where we have that fat useless c*** Steve Bruce as our manager, whilst the media lick his arse.

Agreed

I think going from potentially having it all to having absolutely nothing at all would be a bit too much for me.

I only post on here during takeover rumours because that hope is the only thing that keeps me connected to the club. I keep an eye on results and occasionally watch us on MOTD(If I can stay awake long enough) but I'm personally putting so much into the fact this particular takeover would potential put us into the absolute top tier of clubs for the rest of our history and losing that, would be f***ing hard to swallow.

That's not the mention the impact it could have on the region and the people of the NE in general.

That's not to say I'm blind to the obvious issue with the takeover, but from purely a footballing and economical viewpoint this is all or nothing for me.

Nailed it. Up until the last days I’ve been on cloud 9, I know things still look good but the uncertainty has knocked me. Newcastle fans aren’t allowed anything nice. :lol:

Aye, it's such a uniquely weird club in the sense that it's clearly had the potential for as long as I've been supporting it.

I've spent years being frustrated at how close we came to having it under Shepard (barring one good decison), to losing compelte hope that we'd ever have it under Ashley.

To come so close to knowing we'll finally unlock the potential of the club havin spendt years being ridiculed in the media for having those very beliefs and to lose it would probably be the end for me because I dont think any other takeover could bring what this one could.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be totally broken if this doesnt happen.

But I'll finish on a positive, all of the noises are still that this will get done. The sooner the better...

this is the first takeover of a major PL football club by a controversial ownership group in the age of technology and twitter. this notion that this stuff can happen with nobody knowing until its done is so far from reality these days between the sheer volume of journalists, twitter sleuths, etc. the fact that most of this came to light again because of Companies House is the perfect example of how confidentiality is really thrown out the window here when administrative documentation is uploaded and notifies a bunch of people who then post about it online.

Hasn’t been helped with it being during the time of zero sport being played and pretty much no other sporting stories around either.

Agreed

I've spent years being frustrated at how close we came to having it under Shepard (barring one good decison), to losing compelte hope that we'd ever have it under Ashley.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be totally broken if this doesnt happen.

But I'll finish on a positive, all of the noises are still that this will get done. The sooner the better...

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Agreed

Ha ha, I always look forward to MOTD all through the day, then we inevitably end up in a shit 0-0 which will be last game shown, and by that time I'm in no mood to watch it. :lol:

Reason enough for me to want this deal desperately to go through. Imagine looking forward to watching us play proper football again.

The Premier League's moral integrity sailed years ago. They're far more concerned about investment in the brand.

Spot on.

Not just the Premier League, the civilization. There's a pandemic on and those in power are telling people that there are "worse things than dying" and that we need to reopen everything now... knowing full well that they are not the ones who are going to suffer. There is no morality, just capital.

No it's not, it's fair.

Wait so he's separating the football side of things from the ownership? Is that what you're saying?

:thup:

No it's not, it's fair.

I know you’re just being stupid on purpose but there might be a slight difference in congratulating a friend who is employed by shitheads and a club currently being bought by shitheads. But im sure you knew that.

No it's not, it's fair.

Yes. You can oppose dodgy nation states owning a football club and enjoy the football being played, as is clear from this thread.

And regardless, him being a hypocrite doesn't alter the reality of the issues regarding Saudi Arabia owning NUFC to engage in sportswashing.

I now realise that we (NUFC) have a lot of enemies.

Enemies who will do / say anything to stop us.

Enemies who have suddenly discovered a 'conscience' so that they can blame us for something we haven't done.

Enemies who say that they (most certainly) have always had this specific conscience.

Enemies who lie.

Enemies who say they are not telling lies.

Enemies who exaggerate things and make up convenient 'links'.

Enemies who say they do not exaggerate things and do not make up convenient links.

Enemies whose inane, bigoted, collective hatred towards us, makes ME (I am a real person with a REAL conscience) no longer care about the rights and wrongs I have all my life held dearly . . I now just want to BEAT these fanatics with every bone in my body.

I want to just beat them, no matter what, and WE WILL BEAT THEM.

Enemies who have suddenly discovered a 'conscience' so that they can blame us for something we haven't done.

Enemies who say that they (most certainly) have always had this specific conscience.

Enemies who lie.

Enemies who say they do not exaggerate things and do not make up convenient links.

Enemies whose inane, bigoted, collective hatred towards us, makes ME (I am a real person with a REAL conscience) no longer care about the rights and wrongs I have all my life held dearly . . I now just want to BEAT these fanatics with every bone in my body.

:lol:

Enemies who lie.

Is this a serious post or nah