Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The general apathy I've felt with football in general has definitely contributed to me posting less, it's unfortunate that apathy has lasted since 2009, anyway surely everyone knows the NFL thread is the place to be.  HTT even seems to have found his way there in the form of Shak.

I also regularly read the Sunderland and Middlesbrough boards and despite them performing even worse than us over the past Decade they certainly haven't had the huge drop off in posters this one has.

There's certainly more to it than team performance. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

You got pelters because you were a prick.  One minute slagging the fans attending, the next you were going to the match, then back to slagging the fans before 'oh, whoops, got a season ticket'.

So little self-awareness it's unreal.

You get pelters for that yet 4 years ago someone told me they wanted Adam Johnson to rape my then 3 year old son which most of the usual suspects found hilarious.

Such a bizarre place really.

Guess you can show us those posts then?

There is no real clique. Some people get on better than others, that’s fine.

I’d say that there is something on here which is more herd-like in that certain topics and opinions are driven by a small number of well coordinated sheepdog, and not many sheep will stray from the parameters the sheepdog has set. I don’t think it’s unique to this place it is just common societal behaviour.

Still this place has a number of cats who preen on the edges and disrupt the common consensus. I’m a cat. But most importantly the cats haven’t been chased off by the dogs.

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Its a clique i tell ya , a clique !

I don't think there is a 'clique' on here, what we do have is a group of very regular posters who tend to 'listen to' eachother and 'quote' eachother, and that seems fine, as they are the ones who have 'put the work in on here' and kept this forum going for years.

I have been on here for many years, but I don't post too often, so consequently I don't get "quoted or re-quoted" all that often either . . but I think that is ok.

We have some very good regular posters on here, who I enjoy reading !!

I've been on here about 11 years now and I've noticed there's a massive clique which has gradually become worse over the years and sadly turned what was a very active board into what had became a ghost town up until the takeover news.

It got to the point where you find yourself checking and rechecking your post before you press "post" to try and eliminate unusual culprits ripping it to shreds. In other words there was no fun in the place anymore which is why so many people walked away.

Hopefully there'll be an introduction of new posters join if this takeover goes through and maybe it can get back to where it once was because it was dying on its arse up until a couple of months ago.

The people I know who have walked away have done so because their lack of interest in the club has waned due to Ashley, not because there is an apparent clique on here.

You talking shite and people disagreeing with you is allowed.

Aye, absolutely no coincidence that the peak for this forum was when we were all briefly singing to The King's tune and doing relatively well; whereas since people couldn't be arsed discussing the shell of a club at any length. :lol:

Don't think there's a clique on here like, just a lot of people with similar views and interests. Anyway, there's my input on the issue, I'm off to the secret hidden forum to bitch about all the newbies.

:pards:

I’d say that there is something on here which is more herd-like in that certain topics and opinions are driven by a small number of well coordinated sheepdog, and not many sheep will stray from the parameters the sheepdog has set. I don’t think it’s unique to this place it is just common societal behaviour.

Still this place has a number of cats who preen on the edges and disrupt the common consensus. I’m a cat. But most importantly the cats haven’t been chased off by the dogs.

James bringing sense to the discussion as ever.

Farmer Giles our here.  What a fun post.

The thing I find funniest about all this is that if any of the people saying this bollocks ventured into the politics thread, they'd see members of the clique that supposedly only ever agree with each other regularly tearing strips off one another.

Guest Howaythetoon

There’s no real clique man :lol: it’s just a lot of posters who seem to get on well over various topics but if you all look closely, we can all speak our mind regarding others if we feel someone is talking shite or being a cunt. Look at me, probably the GOAT where this forum is concerned, a living legend, and I don’t get any easy ride, in fact I get ripped to pieces (clique cunts), but everyone on here who I know personally and those I don’t, are sound people and you will not find a fairer, more balanced, more intelligent and more honest forum regarding our club and all kinds of other topics. Or a more caring and helping set of Internet virgins. It’s a bit mad when ‘newbies’ are criticising older members/the forum though, come on board, join in, get stuck in and stay around and watch out for certain sharks on here...

Anyway I’m hearing tomorrow is the day of all days, cans out if you love the Toon etc.

As for Nufc.com, they have no real ITK themselves these days but will have trusted sauces and if they say this is on, it’s on, they don’t pander to rumours, hearsay or bull shit.

Have you donated your £200 to charity yet mate?

Offended you even needed to ask... :(

If I’m anything other than a gigantic gobshite, it’s that I’m a man of my word/principled. :thup:

/may leave the forum now  :blackeye:

Peak clique was a few month back, I was told by one of them, there was a peak clique leak. There was a smell about it, there was a reek about the peak clique leak, I decided to look into it, a deek into the reek of the peak  clique leak. I didn't look too hard though, it was a meek deek into the reek of the peak clique leak.

There’s no real clique man :lol: it’s just a lot of posters who seem to get on well over various topics but if you all look closely, we can all speak our mind regarding others if we feel someone is talking shite or being a cunt. Look at me, probably the GOAT where this forum is concerned, a living legend, and I don’t get any easy ride, in fact I get ripped to pieces (clique cunts), but everyone on here who I know personally and those I don’t, are sound people and you will not find a fairer, more balanced, more intelligent and more honest forum regarding our club and all kinds of other topics. Or a more caring and helping set of Internet virgins. It’s a bit mad when ‘newbies’ are criticising older members/the forum though, come on board, join in, get stuck in and stay around and watch out for certain sharks on here...

Anyway I’m hearing tomorrow is the day of all days, cans out if you love the Toon etc.

As for Nufc.com, they have no real ITK themselves these days but will have trusted sauces and if they say this is on, it’s on, they don’t pander to rumours, hearsay or bull shit.

Don't be. Who was the lucky charity?

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't be. Who was the lucky charity?

I’m not really and unfortunately Newcastle Food Bank, I say unfortunately because we shouldn’t have a society that relies on being fed and clothed by a charity all because the powers that be neglect them and don’t care about their welfare or anyone else’s unless your a wealthy celeb or something. Oh and you’re a good poster and a long-time member, but come across from time to time as very narky. Just saying!

I genuinely hope that the takeover brings back some of the old guard who've faded from view in recent years, frustrated with the Ashley regime and resultant change in mood on the Football forum.

Nothing wrong with new blood too of course, as long as they don't post utter shite, but then again that goes for errybody.

If I’m anything other than a gigantic gobshite, it’s that I’m a man of my word/principled. :thup:

Third time this year? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Third time this year? :lol:

As if, you would all be lost without my massive posts, pizzas and history lessons. I ain’t leaving yous to rot in some newbie infected cesspit of a forum where WallsendMag is overlord.

Peak clique was a few month back, I was told by one of them, there was a peak clique leak. There was a smell about it, there was a reek about the peak clique leak, I decided to look into it, a deek into the reek of the peak  clique leak. I didn't look too hard though, it was a meek deek into the reek of the peak clique leak.

Very good.

Can I join the clique?