Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Surely theres a cut off point for ' new ' information ? Otherwise these gits could just resubmit this shite ten different ways till the end of time . The PL has to get to a point where it just tells them to FO

why? the premier league lodged complaints against saudi arabia this year do you think they really want to suddenly let them in? If they have anything they think would hold up in a court of law to stop this deal they will because its really not worth to them the bad pr from being associated with one of the worst regimes on earth and the piracy shit not to mention they probably have a number of other clubs less than pleased with it anyway and ultimately the premier league is a members club and has to at least listen to their members

Surely they do though?

Aren't the owner's test conducted within a specific time-frame? Also the exclusivity supposedly ends mid-May.

Do they not have a deadline to get it done by?

Exclusivity doesn’t exist after the deal has been agreed and signed

Surely they do though?

Aren't the owner's test conducted within a specific time-frame? Also the exclusivity supposedly ends mid-May.

Do they not have a deadline to get it done by?

Exclusivity isn’t a thing now that contracts are signed, according to Caulkin, so that’s not a problem. There’s no deadline.

The tests are against the owners are they not? PIF are a  separate legal entity to Arabasat which is a pan Arabian organisation going by their wiki with SA being the largest shareholder (not owned by PIF)  How can the alleged crimes of one separate legal entity be used against another separate legal entity?

Yup. Again, the PL are not a court of law, they can't just overturn this in contradiction to a previous court ruling without evidence that they'd be absolutely certain would hold up this time in court, as that's where they would ultimately end up. Rejecting this on the basis of PIF being involved directly in piracy would be a massive and damaging allegation on their behalf, I really can't see them going down that route.

The Premier League - in performing their own 'fit and proper person' test - are not in any way constrained by rulings made in French courts.

The Premier League is not privy to the evidence that was or was not submitted during the case in Paris. If evidence is submitted to the Premier League that they consider compelling, then they will and are entitled to judge it on its own merits.

The tests are against the owners are they not? PIF are a  separate legal entity to Arabasat which is a pan Arabian organisation going by their wiki with SA being the largest shareholder (not owned by PIF)  How can the alleged crimes of one separate legal entity be used against another separate legal entity?

Yup. Again, the PL are not a court of law, they can't just overturn this in contradiction to a previous court ruling without evidence that they'd be absolutely certain would hold up this time in court, as that's where they would ultimately end up. Rejecting this on the basis of PIF being involved directly in piracy would be a massive and damaging allegation on their behalf, I really can't see them going down that route.

The Premier League - in performing their own 'fit and proper person' test - are not in any way constrained by rulings made in French courts.

The Premier League is not privy to the evidence that was or was not submitted during the case in Paris. If evidence is submitted to the Premier League that they consider compelling, then they will and are entitled to judge it on its own merits.

Which could well end up in the courts. Would the PL risk that ?

That may be so but the Premier League can be taken to court in the UK as a result.

Christ man 2 hours ago you were all ready to crack open the takeover cans and start wanking yourselves silly at the prospect of football word domination. Now you sound like a defeated and broken rabble. If the .com info is true, and 2 hours ago everyone was waxing lyrical about their reliability, then the test was passed at the end of last week and we are at the final legalities stage including the transfer of funds. Bankers, that's not a spelling mistake, on here have claimed it takes 3-5 days for everything involved in a transaction of this size to go through the process required which fits in with an announcement this week.

I doubt the PL would try and reverse their decision once the money transfer process was underway. They probably can't do it legally anyway once they have given approval. All of the facts indicate this BeouT carry on has nothing to do with PIF.

Time to chill out and wait for the announcement confirming the Ashley era has been consigned to a dark chapter of our history.

Guest godzilla

I literally don’t see how anything has really changed. The evidence of their involvement has been there since day one. It seems like a last minute scare story to me. Even the story itself says it’s still going to go through this week.

They are saying this evidence shows a direct link to them, not supposed involvement but direct.

They said that in the French court also and didn't win the case

Yep exactly. It’s a last minute scare story. Last throw of the dice.

If you think it through logically... the buyers are still saying they’re confident, the PL definitely won’t be sharing info with journalists, so this story is coming from whoever is trying to derail it.

Agree

You're missing my point. My point is that if they were to make this kind of allegation, they'd need to be prepared for it to hold up in a future legal battle - as they'd almost certainly face one. Given that it's already been dismissed in French court, that's a dangerous road for them to cross.

Typical us to have the most complicated fucking takeover in the history of world business transactions. And all played out in the media for ultimate effect on us.

Guest Carrick18

As I said a while back, it's in the best interest of the Premier League to make this look like the most begrudging approval possible.

If they'd waved them through you'd have Amnesty, beIN, and several other parties furious. It's much better for their image if they make it look like they had no choice then push through chronic reform of the test.

Whatever happens I think we'll see a significant rewrite of the PL test rules quite quickly after this.

depends, would be down to the clubs themselves (or 14 of them anyway) to approve any changes and they may be thinking well what if some rich dodgy state trys to buy us don't want to hinder the chances of that big payday

In summary fuck modern football and bring in the german 50+1 rule

Am so sick of this shit man.. why always us? Every other premier league club has had a lovely quiet lockdown. All the supporters have had to worry about is how they’ve been doing in the FIFA 20 tournament.

Not us though.. always cloak and daggers and fake news and click bait.

Why are we so emotionally invested in this club?

As I said a while back, it's in the best interest of the Premier League to make this look like the most begrudging approval possible.

If they'd waved them through you'd have Amnesty, beIN, and several other parties furious. It's much better for their image if they make it look like they had no choice then push through chronic reform of the test.

oh they'll be furious regardless and while I doubt the prem gives half a shit what Amnesty think they have a few hundred million reasons to value what Bein thinks

Guest reefatoon

Thought you said you were new?