Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

What possible validity could these 'new' legal documents have that would hold any bearing what-so-ever on the FA's decision? Have the Saudi government been convicted somewhere that we've missed? No. That's all there is to it, if they documents were worth anything at all they would have been used already in a court to pursue a criminal conviction... and they've not. The FA have got no excuse to keep delaying based on allegations made by disgruntled opponents that hold a potential conflict of interest in the outcome of our takeover.

What possible validity could these 'new' legal documents have that would hold any bearing what-so-ever on the FA's decision? Have the Saudi government been convicted somewhere that we've missed? No. That's all there is to it, if they documents were worth anything at all they would have been used already in a court to pursue a criminal conviction... and they've not. The FA have got no excuse to keep delaying based on allegations made by disgruntled opponents that hold a potential conflict of interest in the outcome of our takeover.

Aye, the French Courts have already thrown a similar complaint out.

You'd imagine this is purely desperation from Bein and a delaying tactic, hard to imagine they've suddenly uncovered smoking gun evidence at this late stage.

Massive pain in the arse mind and just adds to everyone's anxiety.  Fuck this.

This are the premier league going to keep delaying for every fu#%er who sends a letter in. If they weren’t found guilty in a French court of law, I very much doubt premier league lawyers are going to come to a different verdict. They’d have to be very sure it would stand up in a court of law, because that’s where pcp would take them.

Guest Carrick18
The Premier League refused to comment when contacted by the Guardian. Sources close to the deal say they remain “very hopeful” of a confirmation this week and claim Project Restart is the only possible delaying factor.

I could be wrong, but has copy been added to the original Guardian story? I didn't catch the above bit the first time I read it, and it appears to be a very important caveat.

This are the premier league going to keep delaying for every fu#%er who sends a letter in. If they weren’t found guilty in a French court of law, I very much doubt premier league lawyers are going to come to a different verdict. They’d have to be very sure it would stand up in a court of law, because that’s where pcp would take them.

That's our best hope in this that there's got to be like drawn somewhere. It's already been 5 weeks ffs is it just going to go on and on for months with a new letter or issue every week

Same story as it has been the last few weeks pretty much. Doubt they would only uncover a potential deal-scuppering bit of evidence at this point, if they did why wasn't it presented before? It'll still happen imo but it's past the stage of increasing my anxiety about it all, now it's just fucking boring.