Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

My gut feeling is that certain clubs are putting a lot of pressure on the premier league, and the premier league may be looking for excuses to prevent the takeover and keep those clubs on-side. They have to be wary of pissing them all off. We don't really know wtf is happening though and I'm a pessimist when it comes to football.

My gut feeling is that certain clubs are putting a lot of pressure on the premier league, and the premier league may be looking for excuses to prevent the takeover and keep those clubs on-side. They have to be wary of pissing them all off. We don't really know wtf is happening though and I'm a pessimist when it comes to football.

There really is no understating how mental it would be for the PL to knock back investment from a sovereign wealth fund at this point in time like. My feeling is the delay, if it even is a delay, will be them covering their arses and helping the buyers find a way to get it through clean.

This cant fall through because of dodgy tv streams, all the countries in have visited for my hols over the past 20 year have bars full of them

Really, you watched government-broadcast streams in all these countries?

Are the people in here who still are 100% confident this will pass, genuinely not at all concerned that this could be rejected?

Well I was never 100% confident, but I am still fairly confident. Although I'd be lying if I said the concerns weren't growing. I don't think the FA will be overly concerned about Amnesty and the like, but there will be a concern in football circles about Newcastle suddenly being worth much more than any other club.

This time it's Chris_R and the rest of the forum

5ywbmV.gif

This is a very apposite gif. We all need that second slap right now.

Comedy fact: Leslie Nielsen was told by the director Jerry Abrahams to not even try to play his characters 'funny', but to always be as straight as possible. This is probably why his parts in Airplane/Police Squad/Naked Gun work so well.

Anyway, back to panic mode

Are the people in here who still are 100% confident this will pass, genuinely not at all concerned that this could be rejected?

Well I was never 100% confident, but I am still fairly confident. Although I'd be lying if I said the concerns weren't growing. I don't think the FA will be overly concerned about Amnesty and the like.

But there will be a concern in football circles about Newcastle United suddenly being worth much more than any other club.

You mean "Jealousy" . .

Since when did that become legitimate grounds for the Premier League to consider rejecting any new club owners?

Well I was never 100% confident, but I am still fairly confident. Although I'd be lying if I said the concerns weren't growing. I don't think the FA will be overly concerned about Amnesty and the like.

But there will be a concern in football circles about Newcastle United suddenly being worth much more than any other club.

You mean "Jealousy" . .

Since when did that become legitimate grounds for the Premier League to consider rejecting any new club owners?

It's not, but then that 'concern' will mean they will look at all other objections a bit more carefully.

And when the big clubs in the Prem and throughout Europe start threatening to form a super league again they'll get their own way? Nothing to do with any other reason than they're all scared of being at a disadvantage to a club with more money than them.

I've checked in and been assured that I was not on the end of a wind up re Barclays being notified on a change of owner. I genuinely don't think I've been had

I can't get any more details like have they actually completed the deal yet or have a date but I'm standing behind boring bank risk teams in being confident that it's done bar formalities at worst

Richard Keys submitting a dossier to Barclays as we type, filled with incriminating details linking PIF with base rate fraud, insider trading and going unauthorised overdrawn

This #cans nonsense is getting on my tits.

fwiw i was using it ironically :(

You're supposed to drink them not use them ironically.

That's canonical.

I've checked in and been assured that I was not on the end of a wind up re Barclays being notified on a change of owner. I genuinely don't think I've been had

I can't get any more details like have they actually completed the deal yet or have a date but I'm standing behind boring bank risk teams in being confident that it's done bar formalities at worst

Surely though if it was at the money stage it would have been done by now.

Obviously these delays are all smokescreens while the authorities are coming up with a plan to deal with the 85,000 who will attempt to descend on Gallowgate as soon as this is formally announced

Obviously these delays are all smokescreens while the authorities are coming up with a plan to deal with the 85,000 who will attempt to descend on Gallowgate as soon as this is formally announced

From tomorrow when can go out 'exercising' as many times as we want and as far from home as we like so then seems as good a time as any.  Just got to keep 2 metres apart whilst we circle the ground.