Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think we should lock this thread. Start a new one with a summary of what’s happened and only allow posts in the new one once something significant happens. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Where's the fun in that?

With the greatest respect, where’s the fun in this?

The whole process has been draining, especially as it isn't the first time we've been left in limbo. We had exactly the same last summer, waiting on a supposed BZG takeover and simultaneously waiting on Rafa signing a new contract, which dragged on for months and months. There's been more than sufficient time for a decision to be made, and the longer it drags on the more opportunity it allows for people to try and tear it down. It needs a decision one way or another soon. I'm most definitely fucked off with it all, and being continuously left dangling.

NUFC.com would never have posted that update without being well and truly tipped off by an absolutely immaculate source! There has definitely been a spanner thrown into the works this week but hopefully that spanner is quickly burnt to the ground and this gets announced ASAP!

I've never met Niall but Biffa is a brilliant fella!

Probably Staveley then...she has a habit of tipping people off with things that don't happen sadly.

NUFC.com would never have posted that update without being well and truly tipped off by an absolutely immaculate source! There has definitely been a spanner thrown into the works this week but hopefully that spanner is quickly burnt to the ground and this gets announced ASAP!

Probably Staveley then...she has a habit of tipping people off with things that don't happen sadly.

Does she? Must have missed that!

The whole process has been draining, especially as it isn't the first time we've been left in limbo. We had exactly the same last summer, waiting on a supposed BZG takeover and simultaneously waiting on Rafa signing a new contract, which dragged on for months and months. There's been more than sufficient time for a decision to be made, and the longer it drags on the more opportunity it allows for people to try and tear it down. It needs a decision one way or another soon. I'm most definitely f***ed off with it all, and being continuously left dangling.

Yeah I feel the same. It's coming up 6 weeks on Tuesday for a decision isn't it which is utterly ridiculous. I said a few days ago this will still somehow be ongoing in June as well. Last year we were hoping for a takeover and Rafa and we ended up with neither. I have a bad feeling we are going to be similarly dissapointed next month too and made all the worse of how long it's dragged on and the fact that it's all been all over the media about "Newcastles owners are going to do this" and Coutinho Koubially etc linked

It would look ridiculous if we were left with Ashley after all that and I think it would end a lot of people's interest in NUFC again as well. Also if in 12 months time it's breaking on sky sports news about Ashley leaving and the club about to be sold imminently how are we ever to take it seriously again!?

You absolutely thrive on negativity, like. :lol:

How is it utterly ridiculous? These things take months, that's when we're not balls deep into a global pandemic where the football season has had to be stopped. We wouldn't even be aware of it if it wasn't for some folk nosing around Companies House.

I don't know if it's the boredom of lockdown, but people's impatience is what's ridiculous here. I get that it's draining waiting for news, but we'll know one way or another in the coming weeks.

If this one falls through then the takeover that actually happens at whatever date in the future will be exactly like Ashley said...ie come from nowhere and announced as done. The thing is though nobody will give a shit by then anyway as hoardes will have walked away from NUFC for good.

How is it utterly ridiculous? These things take months, that's when we're not balls deep into a global pandemic where the football season has had to be stopped. We wouldn't even be aware of it if it wasn't for some folk nosing around Companies House.

I don't know if it's the boredom of lockdown, but people's impatience is what's ridiculous here. I get that it's draining waiting for news, but we'll know one way or another in the coming weeks.

:clap:

It's the vaccuum that's killing people and causing them to amplify dozens of little fuck-alls into seismically important considerations.  None of us are entitled to know anything that's going on, not sure why people think we are or that they have the first idea how long this could be expected to take :)

It's the vaccuum that's killing people and causing them to amplify dozens of little fuck-alls into seismically important considerations.  None of us are entitled to know anything that's going on, not sure why people think we are or that they have the first idea how long this could be expected to take :)

Erm, maybe because Staveley told Caulkin to tell the fans that it would be complete in the next few days, back towards the end of April ffs  :lol:

Erm, maybe because Staveley told Caulkin to tell the fans that it would be complete in the next few days, back towards the end of April ffs  :lol:

"BUT MAAAAM, you said I could have a chocolate bar after school..."

No she never and Caulkin has never put a timeline on it.

:lol:

Even if they had named the day and hour that they thought it would be done, it should be self evident to everybody with an interest in this that it's not up to the buyers or the press how long it takes

Guest neesy111

Exactly, never mind the PL having project restart and the legal ramifications around to sort it out.

Exactly, never mind the PL having project restart and the legal ramifications around to sort it out.

:snod:

:lol:

Why are you laughing?

You claimed something that was incorrect, I corrected you.

It would be nice if Caulkin came on down to reassure us.

It would also be nice if people actually listened to him instead of asking him daily for updates.

He has said it’s a 2 way process. He has said the buyers remain confident. He has said there is serious doubt about the claims in the press would hinder the takeover. He’s a journalist. He won’t have anymore information to give. If something has happened since he last spoke then that means he has no information, either that nothing has happened, or Staveley hasn’t passed any information on to him. He’s not going to sit on information about if the deal has passed or been rejected and only remember to tell everyone once people on Twitter ask him.